Friday, November 8, 2013

Thankful Thursday, Yet Again (or Finally!)...

I am still here.  Alive and kicking.  Just really busy.  Even though evening activities have slowed down, I am finding I still haven't. And when I do slow down, I fall asleep.  And with the time change, my whole sleep schedule is way off.  The perfect storm.

I have so much to share including a tribute to a dear friend and a weekend getaway.

But I thought today was a good day to remind myself what I am thankful for this week (and last)...

  • The beautiful colors of fall
  • Sunshine when I wake up in the morning (though I do NOT like the early darkness in the evening)
  • Chili on a cool day
  • An "untomato" recipe that allows me to have chili on a cool day
  • The opportunity to hold a sleeping baby tonight. Every care in the world just slipped away.
  • Heat.  We have been holding off turning it on but tonight I couldn't take it anymore.  Now we are toasty.
  • A weekend getaway with the Hubs (last weekend).  Loved every minute.
  • My mom for giving up her weekend to take care of the kiddos so we could have that getaway.
  • Nature.  On our hikes last weekend we saw a snake, some frogs, some birds, squirrels, etc.  I am always amazed by God's creation.
  • Love and forgiveness.
  • My co-workers.
  • Our after school workouts.
  • Chocolate.
  • The teachers of my children.
  • The progress of my students. I would love to take credit but they would learn with or without me. I am just the one privileged enough to get to be there when it happens!
  • A short reprieve from after school activities.
  • Amazing sunsets
  • God's timing (even when I don't understand it)
  • A hot bath and a new magazine...perfect way to end a day
  • Renewed strength
  •  Possible changes in our life...
What are you thankful for today?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom