- In trying to help one of my kids (who is very sensory seeking), over and over we found that a mini trampoline was recommended. Except that it feels like we have spent a lot of money this summer (that time of year) so I was reluctant. I checked out Craigslist. Nothing. I mentioned it on Facebook. A friend replied that I was welcome to come get hers...for free. A HUGE answer to prayer! In just one day it has already been put to good use.
- A visit with a friend of a friend who just listened and sweetly advised me on how to help with some of those parenting struggles
- A husband who goes grocery shopping. And not only that, takes two kids with him so I get a little quiet time.
- Air conditioning.
- Our one rain this past week. First in a month or more. It didn't last long enough but we will take what we can get.
- A shaved ice outing with a friend
- A visit with an aunt and uncle who live away from here.
- Watching my kids swim at dusk in my parents' pool
- A "break" on a price of something I wanted/needed for one of my kids
- A school supply shopping date with my up and coming kindergarten student
- Dinner out last night with a stop at the park (it had cooled off to 99 degrees or so :)
- A daughter with a gift of empathy who sends me sweet e-cards on hard days
- A little weight lost (though I think the next few pounds will be the hardest...)
- The Olympics...love watching the gymnastics with my girls
- A fruit bowl. We have always had it but I have moved it down to the table rather than on top of our fridge. My kids are eating fruit like crazy.
- A sweet offer from a friend
I just know that even in the tough times, God is there.
And for that, I am thankful.
So, what are you thankful for this week?