I don't know what it is about conferences that takes it out of me, but it does.
Whatever "it" is.
Anyway, I did want to do a Thankful Thursday.
So I will.
Just on Friday. Finally Friday.
What am I thankful for recently?
- Conferences are over and done with until February! I do love talking to parents about their children; I learn so much. However, it is hard being away from my own family in the evenings. And it is really tiring after teaching all day.
- My own kids' conferences are over with! Overall, they were pretty positive. I am so very thankful for ALL of their teachers. And I am thankful for my kids.
- Thankful for a hubby who sends me sweet love texts mid-week, out of the blue.
- Thankful for chocolate. My little bit of pleasure every single day.
- Thankful for my class. I find myself smiling and relaxing, letting the cares of the world slip away, when I am with my students.
- Thankful for encouraging friends
- Pinterest. I find some good recipes on there. Good school activities too.
- a hard-working hubby
- no football games this weekend
- my crockpot
- cards and pictures made by my students or my own kids
- listening to Child 4 "read"
- watching Child 3 do some really hard math. I have no idea how she does it but she almost always gets the right answer
- my eternal optimist (Child 2)
- how responsible Child 1 has become this year (let's hope that continues)
- intern solo week coming up. It is hard not to be in front of the classroom all day but it is such a valuable experience for the intern (and the kids). Plus, I can hopefully catch up on some assessments.
- blue jeans (just because they are comfortable)
- watching 5 year olds play t-ball
- two more pounds to go to my goal weight!
- my bed...comfy and warm and inviting me to sleep.
What are you thankful for this week?