Here it is. Thursday. And it has been a near perfect week. Okay, not near perfect. But good anyway. Except it wasn't completely. I had one really tough night dealing with things I don't really like to deal with. All the more reason to give some thanks...
What am I thankful for this week?
- a husband who is playful with our youngest. I know little boys need that playfulness, and try as I might, I just don't have it in me. So I am thankful he takes over in that department.
- a beautiful and fun hike Sunday (that I still haven't blogged about)
- report cards are finished!
- most of my school paperwork is finished
- two Decorah eagle babies hatched and a third on the way...they entertain me :)
- my kids' teachers. They give their hearts and souls for our kids and don't get nearly enough thanks!
- my students. I was sitting in front of them on Monday, the first day back after spring break. I will admit, I wasn't as crazy about getting up Monday morning after a laidback spring break (sleeping wise). But when I saw their beautiful little faces, I remembered exactly why I was there. I really did. My heart stopped and I thought, "I love these kids."
- a good week for the kids. It is rare for all of them to have a good week. And of course there is one more day for them to NOT have a good week. Which is entirely possible. All the more reason to celebrate today. Because tomorrow I may not be. :)
- Girls' Night Live with my girls this last weekend
- Facebook. I think I have said it before but I am thankful for FB. I know it can be a timewaster. But I also know I learn a lot on there. I am able to keep up with former students, distant family, and old friends. And it is an easy way to "socialize" once the kids are in bed all from the comfort of my home. :)
- Pinterest. Another odd one to include but I have found some great recipes through Pinterest. And some awesome school/education resources.
- junior high orientation. I got a little emotional being there. Can he possibly be going to junior high? But it was reassuring at the same time to see faces with the school. Peace of mind. I am not nearly as freaked out as I was with middle school :)
- a friend for Maria. One of her friends and a neighbor to us (on our street anyway) has been coming down to play with her in the evenings. She so needs that.
- my "team" at school. I love all of my co-workers but my kindergarten co-workers hold a special place in my heart.
- Friday. I am thankful tomorrow is Friday.
What are you thankful for this week?Reba