Friday, April 18, 2014

T.T. (Thankful Thursday)

I am not really sure how I ended up on hiatus. It wasn't intentional. In fact, I have started (and stopped) numerous posts.  I guess I just needed a break. 

But I am back.

Ready or not.

And I figure the best way to come back is with a Thankful Thursday. I am doing this post in spite of the fact that it has been a very difficult week. I don't really want to say why.  Emotionally, it has just been tough.

But there is still a lot to be thankful for.

Like...

  • our house renovation being completed! (A few weeks now)
  • having the girls upstairs...it is so much quieter and peaceful around here. I am not saying they don't argue but at least when they do, they can retreat to their own rooms. :)
  • my van. It has been a week of running kids around. I may not love driving a minivan but I am thankful it gets me where I need to go.
  • "gentle" reminders from God 
  • our "trainer" for G-Fit (my exercise twice a week). He has the patience of a saint to work with us old out of shape teachers. :)
  • e-mails from former students sharing their successes.
  • hugs from students (both past and present)
  • a sweet e-mail from your child's teacher telling you about something good your child did...
  • our birthday boy! (Happy birthday, Child 4!)
  • our local Christian radio station
  • Pup's new haircut
  • getting to see my mom earlier this week...it had been a while
  • calling my mom for parenting advice. Even if she doesn't have any to offer, she listens.
  • a little time alone to converse with child 1 on one of the "driving around" days...such a neat kid.
  • a husband who is willing to go out for pizza when I just don't have enough "oomph" to cook
  • a husband (same one :) who fills my car up with gas when my gas light comes on
  • sweet words from sweet friends
  • prayer
  • watching child 3 find a new passion
  • text messages from child 2
  • taxes done and paid for
  • hubby's flexible schedule so he can help attend to a sick child
  • a full pantry and fridge
  • green, green, everywhere (on the trees, on the ground...SO ready for a real spring)
  • shopping time with the kiddos
  • hearing my kinderkids read and watching them write
  • seeing the blood moon. Wow. That was amazing.
  • grocery shopping with my main man
  • my bed.  Which is where I am headed right now. :)
What are you thankful for this week?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom