But I am back.
Ready or not.
And I figure the best way to come back is with a Thankful Thursday. I am doing this post in spite of the fact that it has been a very difficult week. I don't really want to say why. Emotionally, it has just been tough.
But there is still a lot to be thankful for.
- our house renovation being completed! (A few weeks now)
- having the girls upstairs...it is so much quieter and peaceful around here. I am not saying they don't argue but at least when they do, they can retreat to their own rooms. :)
- my van. It has been a week of running kids around. I may not love driving a minivan but I am thankful it gets me where I need to go.
- "gentle" reminders from God
- our "trainer" for G-Fit (my exercise twice a week). He has the patience of a saint to work with us old out of shape teachers. :)
- e-mails from former students sharing their successes.
- hugs from students (both past and present)
- a sweet e-mail from your child's teacher telling you about something good your child did...
- our birthday boy! (Happy birthday, Child 4!)
- our local Christian radio station
- Pup's new haircut
- getting to see my mom earlier this week...it had been a while
- calling my mom for parenting advice. Even if she doesn't have any to offer, she listens.
- a little time alone to converse with child 1 on one of the "driving around" days...such a neat kid.
- a husband who is willing to go out for pizza when I just don't have enough "oomph" to cook
- a husband (same one :) who fills my car up with gas when my gas light comes on
- sweet words from sweet friends
- watching child 3 find a new passion
- text messages from child 2
- taxes done and paid for
- hubby's flexible schedule so he can help attend to a sick child
- a full pantry and fridge
- green, green, everywhere (on the trees, on the ground...SO ready for a real spring)
- shopping time with the kiddos
- hearing my kinderkids read and watching them write
- seeing the blood moon. Wow. That was amazing.
- grocery shopping with my main man
- my bed. Which is where I am headed right now. :)