Monday, March 30, 2009

School Daze...

The first day back. Oh, what a day it was. Not so much from the school standpoint but rather the homefront...

Last night in typical fashion for me, I stayed up too late. I had taken a nap (also typical for a Sunday afternoon), plus I just live on a different schedule when I am on a break. When I finally went to bed, I thought, "Well, I will get about five hours of sleep...I can do that." What I didn't bargain for was being awakened at 4 a.m. by a crying child telling me she had just gotten sick in her bed. I really need to encourage the kids to go to their father, not me. First of all, he handles all of that much better than me. I have a weak stomach for things like that (I know, ironic since I teach kindergarten and all :). Plus, and here is the biggie...he can go back to sleep in a matter of seconds. When I got up, wearily threw down a sleeping bag and blanket, and trudged back to bed, my body decided I must be waking up (totally disregarding the lack of sleep). So for the next hour, I was wide awake. And just about the time I DID fall asleep, my alarm was beckoning me to wake up.

I knew the moment my alarm went off that I wanted more sleep!

I hopped in the shower hoping it would energize me. Then I scurried around the kitchen helping kids get breakfast ready. Oh, and as for the sick child...hmmm, she didn't look so sick. In fact, she was just as spirited and talkative as could be. She also thought that maybe she had gotten too hot during the night. We wrestled with that decision and decided to send her to school since she had no other symptoms and seemed more than okay. (She appeared in better shape than me :) I will say, one day later, she is still fine and has only stopped talking because she is in bed.

Somehow we made it out of the house and got to school. School was good...it was wonderful seeing everyone again, both kids and grown ups. And we had a fun time sharing about spring break. I used our trip as a mini social studies lesson. But I had a lot to do to get ready for the week (which I could have done over break, except not really...it is counterproductive with the kids around, plus I just like taking a break on occasion) as well as get report cards ready for approval. It was just one of those nonstop days.

After school, I ran to get the two littles while Child 2 was in her after school science class. (Child 1 was with me but he is so quiet with his nose in a book, I forget :). Then we ran back to the school just about the time she was getting out of her class. We worked in the room for a while, though work is a relatively loose term since the youngest took advantage of my busyness to get into things :). Finally, we called it quitting time, and rushed home just in time for Child 1 to get ready for his baseball practice. The rest of the night was...well, I am too tired to say. It was interesting. Child 4 was in a rare mood (foul that is). However, the girls were happy, so that helped.

I better go. I may not get to post tomorrow. I need to finish up report cards tomorrow...

Reba

5 comments:

  1. Reba,

    THANKS SO MUCH for the sweet comment. I'm BLESSED to have friends like YOU!

    I know that you're okay with me chatting about Brent. I'm sad to say that it's my "friends" here that "clam up" when I talk about him. Pretty sad that people many miles away.. people that we've met on a computer, can be more support than those near us. (Whoops.. I said I wasn't gonna whine anymore) =-D

    I'm glad you figured out what was up through fb. I wish I could be more open and honest online but there are some CRAZY people in the world. (I know you KNOW this after YOUR house was broken into)

    I think what I love most about fb is that it's controlled. There, you can be yourself and not worry about who's watching. (I mean, I want to be open to anyone and everyone here because I want to share JESUS... but at the same times it's GREAT to have a place that only your REAL friends can see and KNOW what's REALLY going on. O=-)

    Thanks again for your support!
    ♥LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you received more sleep last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the joys of getting back into "the routine" after vacation.

    Hopefully you found today to be a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am exactly the same way...once I am up, that's it. Luckily, our husbands are the same...Chris can fall back asleep in two seconds! Glad she's feeling all better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how exhausting days like that are! I hope you got some rest! and your report cards done!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom