Friday, June 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday...Happy Summer!

Sorry to be MIA.

Three words for you.

End. Of. School.

That means lots of late nights, little sleep, and little fun time on-line.

But even in the midst of all this craziness, and there is plenty, I have a lot to be thankful for...

Things like...

  • Summer!  Okay, it isn't officially summer until June 21st I think. But MY summer has started. I finished packing up my room last night. Woohoo!
  • My husband who came with me to the school four late nights in a row, serving as both a bodyguard (schools are spooky after hours :) and as a helper in the classroom.
  • A special award for one of my kiddos (and a husband who took video of it)
  • Air conditioning. Especially this week.
  • Magnolia blossoms. They make my heart happy.
  • Beautiful sunsets.
  • Baby birds.  We have four this year in our entryway outside our front door.  They make a mess but they are so cute!
  • Gift certificates for a pedicure
  • Notes of thanks from students' mommas
  • Finding out a friend is praying for us each time she passes our street
  • Sleep.  Maybe eventually I will catch up on it. :)
  • A flower delivery at my school on my last day from my husband.  
  • Chocolate.  'Nuff said.
  • Workouts. They are my stress relievers.
  • Rain.
  • No alarms to set, no lunches to make (at least in the wee hours of the morning), no homework to check.  
  • Sweet texts from co-workers
  • Good news about the pup (we had some worries about her back)
  • An upcoming trip with my sister and her family
  • Bunnies.  (I saw two of them playing the other day when I was running/walking the track)
  • Leftovers for lunch
  • Amazon.  Especially for moms who need quick gifts for their daughter's birthday but it is the last week of school...
  • Unexpected lunches with my husband
  • Sweet hugs from students
  • Good report cards
  • Afternoon naps on rainy days
And so many more things...

How about you?

What are you thankful for today?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom