Thursday, June 19, 2014

2014 Summer Bucket List

I have been kind of slow to develop a summer bucket list this year. I didn't seem to have any trouble writing a "to do" list though!  The funny thing is I have already done a couple things on my list which apparently I have stored away mentally...

So here is my list in no particular order.  I have titled it "Eat, Love, Pray".  Each item could fit in in one of those categories... :)

Eat:


  • Eat food from a food truck. 
  • Have breakfast with Child 1 at Kolaches.  He would LOVE it.
  • Have breakfast or lunch with the hubs at Rick's Bakery.
  • Eat dessert whenever I want with NO guilt.
  • Make homemade ice cream.  (I am considering getting an ice cream maker)
  • Eat a pizza from Giordanos.
  • Try cooking 5 new recipes this summer.
  • Try at least 5 new shaved ice flavors.

Pray/Rest My Soul:
  • Pray without ceasing.
  • Regular quiet times.
  • Let people know when they come to mind and I pray for them.
  • Thank God each day for someone in my life.
  • Rest/nap each day if I want to.
  • Get together with some other adoptive moms and share from the heart.
  • Read one book for fun, another for work.
  • Finish a beach puzzle I started a LONG time ago and didn't get far on...
  • Be in the moment.
Love:
  • Go whitewater rafting.
  • See a bear. In the wild.
  • Slow dance with my husband.
  •  Watch a meteor shower.
  • Take an amazing sunset picture.
  • Ride my bike on one trail (at least).
  • Simplify and organize.
  • Take a spontaneous trip.  Maybe. :)
  • Buy a fun pair of pj's.
  • See a waterfall or two or three...
  • Float the Buffalo with the family.
  • Vacation with my sister/her family.
  • Sleep in at least ONE day until 9.
  • Visit with friends from my past.
I am sure this list will be revised a time or two...

So what is on your summer bucket list?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom