Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's the Little Things...Part 1

This time of year, we cannot help but think about how thankful we are for the many blessings in our life. I think if you have read my blog long enough, you can figure out pretty quick what I am thankful for. God. Family. My job. Church. This country. I cannot deny; I have much to be thankful for.

However, these are the "majors". Just as in baseball, there are the "minors"...the little things in life that I am thankful for (totally not serious nor with any depth :)...things like...
  • warm clothes fresh out of the dryer
  • a brand new magazine and a hot bath
  • the 8 ounce cans of Mtn. Dew...gives me a good little taste without adding too much to my waistline
  • fabric softener
  • leftover Halloween candy
  • pumpkin muffins (what on earth would we eat for breakfast every week without them?)
  • pistachios (what on earth would I eat with my breakfast every day???)
  • the cooling pad I have for my laptop. For whatever bright reason, hp decided to put the fan for my laptop on the bottom of the computer. So for a long time, no matter what surface I used, it overheated and would just shut down right in the middle of my work. Now, I have this very thin cooling pad with actual fans inside. My computer hasn't overheated since.
  • the wireless mouse
  • finding a matching set of socks in the dryer (as opposed to the large basket of single socks sitting in the laundry room)
  • the beach
  • DVR...what did I do without that?
  • paperless statements/bills
  • newspapers. Say what you will, but when I am enjoying breakfast or lunch, I want a hard copy of a newspaper to read!
  • Facebook. Where else could I reconnect with a friend from elementary school as well as someone I met last week at a church service?
  • self-stick stamps. I love that I don't have to lick the yucky stamp anymore!
  • Dry erase crayon/marker...produces a lot less dust than chalk! (I still appreciate chalk though because it is important in the development of writing skills)
  • shopping on-line
  • fabric grocery bags (they hold more and are good for the environment)
  • the colors of fall.
  • DVD players for the car for long trips (must be over two hours in our vehicle)
  • olive oil (one of my favorite things to dip bread into)
  • no homework on a Monday night!
  • an empty sink

I know I can come up with more. And I will. But not tonight. I need to hit the hay so I can be ready for our Thanksgiving program (it's a kindergarten thing...) tomorrow.

More later,

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom