Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And It Dropped...

I almost wrote a post the other night about how I was waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop.

The past few weeks had been pretty good. I had gotten to go hiking on the weekend. I have gotten a lot done (starting other blogs, organizing my classroom, keeping up with laundry, etc). We changed our home phone service. I am enjoying my i-phone. And for the most part, the kids had been pretty delightful.

It was almost too good to be true.

Almost.

But in the back of my mind, I was waiting.

Waiting for that other shoe to drop.

You know, that little bit of a cloud hanging over your head...you want to ignore it and the rain it will bring but you can't.

I really wanted to freeze time this past weekend. The way my heart was overflowing with contentment on Saturday after a beautiful hike around a lake on a warm day with my family...I wanted that to last.

And it did for a day or two. Or three.

Then today happened.

I won't go into details about today to protect the innocent, or rather the guilty.

I will just say it was not a stellar day for our household.

The other shoe dropped.

Sigh.

Today was a day I wanted to be an invisible mom.

More later,
Reba

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I feel your pain! We had a long run of blissfulness and then the last two weeks have been a ride. An ugly, ugly ride. Let's hope your bad day stays at one day!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom