It has been a quiet week here on Blogger.
And I am not sure if today's post is completely a sense of thankfulness. Or maybe it is partly because I am too tired (conference week) to come up with something more original.
But no matter the reason, I do think taking time to remember what I am thankful for is never a waste of time. It reminds me of the many blessings in life even when things aren't going the way I had hoped or life brings disappointments my way...
So, what am I thankful for this week?
- that we had a little snow but it did NOT stop us from having school. We are on track to have our longest summer ever! I don't want to mess that up with snow days.
- carpools (neighbors and friends who help in delivering my children to/from school and activities)
- a good week for the youngest at school
- Schwan's fundraisers at school. I don't normally order from them (which is probably good for my bank account) but when they have our school fundraiser, I stock up on certain things. My new favorite is a garlic/herb shrimp. It cooks fast and is very low calorie. Will be a wonderful quick meal for me!
- spring like temperatures (that came quickly after the snow)
- a healthy (I think and hope) dog...she gave me a scare this week by acting hurt/in pain. Now she is back to her normal self.
- my Valentine's dinner...pizza from Giordano's in Chicago. I have enjoyed each and every bite!
- unexpected flowers (white roses...one of my favorites) from my hubby, delivered by my hubby
- our night away last weekend...much needed
- sweet notes from students
- watching t.v. while curled up with my sweetie
- a visit from my sister and her family
- kids who love to read as much as I do
- 3 day weekends!
I know there are more but my kid crew is complaining about wanting breakfast this morning. Even if I am not at school, they seem to expect I will feed them or something. :)
What are you thankful for this week?Reba