What a week.
It hasn't been a horrible week. Just an exhausting one.
But even in the midst of exhaustion, there are things to be thankful for...
- Labor Day. I am pretty sure it was designed for teachers and students who need a four day week after the beginning of the school year.
- Dinner with my parents (our grilling smorgasbord)
- My children. They make me laugh (when they aren't making me cry :)
- A hubby who works his schedule around my faculty meetings
- Beautiful sunsets (tonight's was breathtaking)
- My bed. The one I keep falling asleep on instead of blogging.
- Air conditioning (especially when we climb back to the triple digits)
- Journals with my girls. We don't write in them every day but we do fairly regularly. One daughter has a journal where she can just write and ask me questions or vent. The other is more of a question/answer journal. I ask her questions (some fun, some serious) and she responds. She is a bit on the quieter side side so it gives me insight to what she is thinking.
- The pick up basket. At night (MOST nights), anything left out in the living room/kitchen area that doesn't belong there ends up in the pick up basket. To get their items back, the kids have to do a chore (one per item). I have never had my house dusted so much!
- My dishwasher. It works overtime.
- Dates with the hubby. Even if they are just quick trips to the grocery store
- Weekends. No homework. :)
- Green grass. We are still considered "in a drought" but I am thrilled we have green grass these days.
- Interns. It is WONDERFUL having an extra pair of hands in my room this time of year. :)
So I better quit for the night.
What are you thankful for this week?