Friday, September 7, 2012

Thankful (Is It Really Only) Thursday

I really hope to get back to writing more than a post or two between Thankful Thursdays.  Eventually. Obviously it won't be this week. :)

Whew!

What a week.

It hasn't been a horrible week. Just an exhausting one. 

But even in the midst of exhaustion, there are things to be thankful for...

  • Labor Day.  I am pretty sure it was designed for teachers and students who need a four day week after the beginning of the school year.
  • Dinner with my parents (our grilling smorgasbord)
  • My children.  They make me laugh (when they aren't making me cry :)
  • A hubby who works his schedule around my faculty meetings
  • Beautiful sunsets (tonight's was breathtaking)
  • My bed.  The one I keep falling asleep on instead of blogging.
  • Air conditioning (especially when we climb back to the triple digits)
  • Journals with my girls. We don't write in them every day but we do fairly regularly.  One daughter has a journal where she can just write and ask me questions or vent.  The other is more of a question/answer journal. I ask her questions (some fun, some serious) and she responds.  She is a bit on the quieter side side so it gives me insight to what she is thinking.
  • The pick up basket. At night (MOST nights), anything left out in the living room/kitchen area that doesn't belong there ends up in the pick up basket. To get their items back, the kids have to do a chore (one per item). I have never had my house dusted so much!  
  • My dishwasher.  It works overtime.
  • Dates with the hubby. Even if they are just quick trips to the grocery store
  • Weekends.  No homework. :)
  • Green grass. We are still considered "in a drought" but I am thrilled we have green grass these days.
  • Interns. It is WONDERFUL having an extra pair of hands in my room this time of year. :)
I know there are many more things I could share. But I also know I have to get up in a few hours and teach 19 eager children.

So I better quit for the night.

What are you thankful for this week?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom