And I was thankful.
But getting it from my head to my fingertips (on the computer keyboard) was a challenge. Mainly because my eyes kept closing.
So I will just be thankful for Friday, full moon and all. (Just ask my opinion about whether I think a full moon affects the behavior of others... :)
So what am I thankful for this week?
- my co-workers
- a patient teacher for child 4
- a spontaneous family trip to my favorite Shave the Planet so I could enjoy my last Hog Wild of the season
- little successes. In kindergarten, we celebrate those little successes the first weeks. Things like getting in line successfully, a quiet story time, a remembered routine
- a sweet class
- morning snacks. I just started this with my class, just a little something to tide the kids over from their breakfast to their lunch. It makes a difference. It only took me 20 years to figure that out! (We have always had an afternoon snack)
- helpful suggestions for my own children
- a furry dog that bounces around with joy when we come home
- a mom who is willing to help when hubby is out of town
- encouraging comments
- a new shirt (representing my son's junior high now that I am a cross country mom)
- cooler temperatures
- my crockpot
- a hubby who goes out to get me a sweet treat after a long day
- getting caught up on the laundry- at least for a few minutes
- new shoes
- a clean dog (who had a bath suddenly after deciding to dig in the mud/dirt)
- dark chocolate. A necessity.
- hearing my youngest read to me
- seeing Child 3's smiles after a good day at school
- watching Child 2 braid her sister's hair
- watching Child 1 run cross country, determined to finish (which is much more than I could do :)
What about you?