Saturday, September 1, 2012

Full Moon Friday

I wanted SOOOO much to do a Thankful Thursday. I really did. 

And I was thankful.

But getting it from my head to my fingertips (on the computer keyboard) was a challenge.  Mainly because my eyes kept closing.

So I will just be thankful for Friday, full moon and all.  (Just ask my opinion about whether I think a full moon affects the behavior of others... :)

So what am I thankful for this week?
  • my co-workers
  • a patient teacher for child 4
  • a spontaneous family trip to my favorite Shave the Planet so I could enjoy my last Hog Wild of the season
  • little successes. In kindergarten, we celebrate those little successes the first weeks.  Things like getting in line successfully, a quiet story time, a remembered routine
  • a sweet class
  • morning snacks.  I just started this with my class, just a little something to tide the kids over from their breakfast to their lunch. It makes a difference. It only took me 20 years to figure that out!  (We have always had an afternoon snack)
  • helpful suggestions for my own children
  • a furry dog that bounces around with joy when we come home
  • a mom who is willing to help when hubby is out of town
  • encouraging comments
  • a new shirt (representing my son's junior high now that I am a cross country mom)
  • cooler temperatures
  • rain!
  • my crockpot
  • a hubby who goes out to get me a sweet treat after a long day
  • getting caught up on the laundry- at least for a few minutes
  • new shoes
  • a clean dog (who had a bath suddenly after deciding to dig in the mud/dirt)
  • dark chocolate.  A necessity.
  • hearing my youngest read to me
  • seeing Child 3's smiles after a good day at school
  • watching Child 2 braid her sister's hair
  • watching Child 1 run cross country, determined to finish (which is much more than I could do :)
These are just a few things I am thankful for.

What about you?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom