Friday, September 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday on Finally Friday

I know, I know, a day late. A dollar short.  Story of my life.

I don't know what it is about conferences that takes it out of me, but it does.

Whatever "it" is.

Anyway, I did want to do a Thankful Thursday.

So I will.

Just on Friday.  Finally Friday.

What am I thankful for recently?
  • Conferences are over and done with until February! I do love talking to parents about their children; I learn so much.  However, it is hard being away from my own family in the evenings.  And it is really tiring after teaching all day.
  • My own kids' conferences are over with!  Overall, they were pretty positive. I am so very thankful for ALL of their teachers.  And I am thankful for my kids.
  • Thankful for a hubby who sends me sweet love texts mid-week, out of the blue.
  • Thankful for chocolate.  My little bit of pleasure every single day.
  • Thankful for my class.  I find myself smiling and relaxing, letting the cares of the world slip away, when I am with my students.
  • Thankful for encouraging friends
  • Pinterest. I find some good recipes on there.  Good school activities too.
  • a hard-working hubby
  • no football games this weekend
  • my crockpot
  • cards and pictures made by my students or my own kids
  • listening to Child 4 "read"
  • watching Child 3 do some really hard math. I have no idea how she does it but she almost always gets the right answer
  • my eternal optimist (Child 2)
  • how responsible Child 1 has become this year (let's hope that continues)
  • intern solo week coming up.  It is hard not to be in front of the classroom all day but it is such a valuable experience for the intern (and the kids). Plus, I can hopefully catch up on some assessments.
  • blue jeans (just because they are comfortable)
  • watching 5 year olds play t-ball
  • two more pounds to go to my goal weight!
  • my bed...comfy and warm and inviting me to sleep.
Heading there right now.

What are you thankful for this week?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom