Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Delights...

Psalm 1:1-3

Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers, 


 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night. 

 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.


Today in Sunday School (also called Bible Fellowship), we read through some of the Psalms.  

One of the questions posed to us was "What delights you?"

My children immediately came to mind.

They can frustrate me to no end.  But they also delight me with their giggles, their stories, their hugs, their zeal.

Next to mind- my job.  I really do love it. It is a challenge some days (not so much with the kids but with the other parts) but my students delight me.  Watching them think, talk, learn, grow...it brings joy to my heart.

And of course, my husband.  He delights me.  His love, his humor, his hard work, his hugs, his encouragement...just seeing him delights my heart.

Oh, and my God.  The God who loves me in spite of myself.  Who forgives me for everything I do.  Who blesses me daily beyond what I can fathom.  

What else delights me?
  • sunsets...beautiful sunsets with bright colors dancing across the sky
  • waterfalls
  • dark chocolate
  • a Sunday nap
  • hiking in the woods with my family
  • Saturdays with no plans
  • dinner with my family
  • my little furry pup (currently curled up on my feet)
  • a warm shower
  • the music on my ipod
  • a good workout
  • a clean kitchen
  • empty laundry baskets
  • summer vacation
  • a walk on the beach
  • homemade bread
  • e-mails from friends and family
  • hearing from former students
  • freshly cut grass
  • butterflies and ladybugs
  • sunshine
  • answered prayer
  • time with my parents/sister
  • dinner out (a rare treat)
  • shaved ice...Hog Wild, of course
  • new recipes (that work)
  • jeans and tennis shoes
  • a hike in the woods
Well, that is just my short list. :)

What delights you?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom