Saturday, April 6, 2013

Thankful Thursday, Once Again...

I really need to finish up my Easter posts.

But today is Thankful Thursday.

And even in this midst of testing, rain, and extreme fatigue, I have a lot to be thankful for...

(That being said, I fell asleep before I could post. Maybe I should start trying to post Thankful Thursday on Tuesdays so that it might actually post by Thursday :)

Anyway, what am I thankful for this week?  (Ironically it has NOT been a fun day today so I am really going to have to test my memory from the week...)

  •  One week of testing down, though next week is the MAJOR testing week.  (My students don't actually test but last week I was pulled out to small group test and this week our schedule will be completely different due to testing).
  • A very happy Easter
  • Shaved ice (my hubby made a special trip to bring it home to me :)
  • Hearing from a child's teacher about how much they have matured this year
  • Listening to my youngest child read books to me
  • Finding storage containers for sugar and flour at a discounted price
  • Finding the salad/cereal bowls I use (and am short of) at a store just down the road
  • Warmer weather...finally!
  • Sunshine and outdoor recess (most of the week)
  • A husband who helps (as his schedule allows) pick up and transport kids after school on my Zumba day
  • Zumba with my co-workers...fun and exercise all in one!
  • Brownie cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. Yum.
  • Attending my first "CAP" conference (for my almost freshman son)
  • The last volleyball tournament of the season.  It has been fun but now that the weather is nice, I want weekends OUTSIDE.
  • My parents have returned from their vacation. I am always nervous they won't. :)
  • Watching my students just blossom academically
  • Hugs from my former students (mostly the first graders)
  • Sweet snuggles from my fluffy pup
  • Tax refunds
  • Less pain in my tooth (and less sensitivity too)
  • Conversations with my kids
  • Watching my girls slowly become friends
  • My determined third grader who went out to run the track the other day...she ran a 5K. Just because she could.
  • A cold Coke after a long day 
  • Sushi dates with the hubby
  • Having our Swim Ranch dates/times secure
  • A friend who helped transport my kids so I could secure those Swim Ranch dates
  • A friend who helped transport child 3 to a community service event this morning
  • Afternoon naps
What are you thankful for this week?

Reba

1 comment:

Sweet Words of Wisdom