Sunday, March 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday...Easter version

Okay, so I am a bit behind.

It is probably not going to be any better for the rest of the school year.

This is the time of year I feel like I am riding on a roller coaster...this is the part where we are going really fast and I am just holding on and praying we make it to the end. :)

Anyway, I do have a few things to be thankful for.

  • My dentist. Not that I really want to go but when I have a toothache (which thankfully isn't often), he is the one I need to see. I went in and he fixed me up. I appreciate that he is honest with me and also very conservative. He doesn't do the "high money" procedures...he does what he thinks is the right thing. We are both hoping that the fix I had works.  I can't quite tell yet. I am feeling more hopeful today but there is still a small possibility of a root canal in my future. Hopefully next week I will be thankful that this seems to have worked. :)
  • Trips by myself to the grocery store. Those are a rare treat!
  • Eating out with the family. We used to do that fairly often but with a child's food sensitivities, it is now a special treat.  
  • The first shaved ice date of the season.  We went on one of the coldest days of the week. But I still enjoyed every minute. And every bite of my Hog Wild.
  • Ibuprofen.  I am not a big medicine taker but with the tooth, I have been SOOOO thankful for the ibuprofen which has gotten me through the days.
  • Spring cleaning.  I still have a lot to do but we are getting there.
  • Child 1's job shadow experience. It was just a perfect fit for him; he enjoyed every single moment. And that makes this momma's heart happy.
  • The generosity of my girls. They have been "making" Easter gifts all week for the people in our house.  Very sweet.
  • Rain.  I am hopeful that we will start seeing some green after all of this rain.
  • Sunshine...especially Friday afternoon when we had our Easter Egg Hunt at school.
  • The growing friendship between child 1 and child 2.  It gives me hope!
  • A rare Wednesday night at home together.  
  • A new bag of pistachios in my Easter bag from my parents...just in time since I had just eaten up my other bag!
  • A new pan rack (to hold my cookie sheets)
  • My hubby picking up the big kids so I could Zumba longer the other day.  That was a treat!
  • And of course, my Savior.  Because without Him, I would not have ANYTHING to celebrate, to be thankful for, to hope.  He is the reason I live now and will continue to live forever. I don't deserve it.  I can't earn it. Yet He loves me enough to send a Son to die and rise again for me.
Happy Easter!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom