Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thankful Thursday, Thursday Thankful

I better type this while I am still awake.

That is an issue with me lately.

I keep reminding myself that I am this tired EVERY year at the beginning of school.  That I am not just getting old.  That eventually I will be back to my night owl old self.

But I fall asleep reminding myself.

I wake up usually long enough to take my medicine (hubby brings to me) and fall back asleep. Usually fully dressed on TOP of the covers.  Meanwhile, a little dog is getting spoiled because she falls asleep with me and may or may not get to her crate.

But I digress.

Again.

It has been a busy week, a bit hectic at times.  But I have plenty to be thankful for (besides the allergy stuff, the cold sore on the corner of my mouth, and that darn fatigue).

This week I am thankful for...
  • a new garage door!  Okay, a pricey thanks but a much needed one.  It is SOOOO quiet and even better, it goes up and down when we push the button. Our old one was kind of finicky. It went up fine, not down so much. And that was usually when I was in a hurry and trying to leave the house quickly.
  • Speaking of garage doors, I am thankful that our old one never came crashing down on us or our cars.  Apparently it was much more broken than I realized!
  • another good week of school for the kids.
  • our oldest child's initiative.  He went (on his own) to his school counselor and asked for a more challenging class in one of his least favorite subjects. It changed his whole schedule. But he is happier. And I am so proud of him for taking care of it himself!
  • the cool nights.
  • beautiful sunsets.
  • a four day work week. I love school but after a very busy few weeks prior, I was ready for another day at home.
  • bears.  There is a bear on the loose not too far from our house.  I have ALWAYS wanted to see a bear and look for them when we are hiking.  I haven't seen the one spotted yesterday (at the Tyson Headquarters) but I saw pictures.  And that made me smile.
  • new babies.  I have a few friends who made announcements of little bundles to be.
  • cheese stuffed rolls.  I just wish I wasn't SOOO thankful for them (and could stop eating them).  
  • evening walks with my hubby and pup (especially on cool evenings with bright shining stars).
  • a sweet class.  
  • a delightful visit with friends from church.
  • my parents' swimming pool (which we used a lot last weekend).  
  • Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares with sea salt caramel.  Chilled.
  • entertainment via my children.  When they don't make me cry, they make me laugh. :)
  • family dinners.  It gets hard this time of year. And it doesn't always happen. But more often than not, it does.
  • listening to my youngest read books to me.  He is such a confident reader.  I can't wait to see what he learns this year!
  • Child 3's servant heart.  She will just take out the trash or help with laundry, all without being asked.
  • my mom who faithfully washes kids' laundry throughout the school year.
  • my sister. I don't get to talk to her or see her nearly as often as I would like but I am still thankful to just know that she is there.
  • Child 2's positive attitude.
I better stop for now.  I still have to exercise (refer to the cheese stuffed roll comment above for why...).

How about you? What are you thankful for this week?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom