Life has been busy.
But no matter how busy it is, I still have things to be thankful for.
- rain, no matter how little (and it has been little). At least it brought cooler temperatures.
- Fridays. And nowhere to be for that one night.
- dinner out with a friend to share in the ups and downs of adoption.
- two workouts under my belt. And I can almost walk now without moaning and groaning.
- a hard-working husband.
- my mom who came to my rescue not once but twice this week with my kiddos.
- guilt. Yes, guilt. Not for me but for one of my children who expressed feeling it for the first time (that I know of).
- my crockpot. It was the only way we had dinner (in about 15 minutes tonight before the shuttling of activities).
- our sweet puppy who greets us each day with a wagging tail and obvious excitement to see us.
- time with a book. I may not be blogging regularly but nearly every day I find time to read just for fun.
- watching my students "get it" (whatever "it" is...).
- finishing up some paperwork at school that has been consuming my time and energy.
- getting to watch my kiddos play their sports. This week I have watched Child 2 play volleyball, Child 3 "cheer", and Child 4 play baseball. Child 1 will run cross country. It keeps me busier than I want sometimes but I love seeing their passions unfold.
- laughs. This week Child 4 woke up feeling ill. He told me that after he finished breakfast, he would go take his "blood pressure". You know, with a thermometer. Thankfully I got a laugh out of that because I wasn't laughing later when I found out his temperature was too high for school. I guess I can also be thankful for short-lived viruses...
- dinner out with my parents and grandmother earlier this week to celebrate my mom's birthday.
- my mom. I could write a whole blog post about her but won't. At least not today. :)
- Alleve and Advil. (Refer to the workout post above)
- a new Razorback shirt. Yep, totally treated myself...
- the fact that my kids follow me around the house to tell me about their day. I can't always say I enjoy it (when I am trying to do other things to) but I am thankful for those time!
What are you thankful for on this Thursday?