Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday...

I have again written blog posts in my mind this week.

And somehow I manage to fall asleep each night before I post them.

It is a miracle I am still awake right now other than the fact I just drank caffeine. 

Anywho...

I can surely manage a few things to be thankful for.

And maybe next week (my intern will be teaching for solo week), I might just actually type out a few posts that are going round and round in my head...

Maybe.

What am I thankful for this week?
  • my kids.  I am thankful for my kids.  Even when they drive me crazy.  And they do.  BUT they also make me laugh.
  • workouts.  Okay, I am not always thankful the day after (or the night of) but I am actually somewhat enjoying them. They are hard.  Harder than anything I have ever done.  But with co-workers, they are also fun.  
  • my puppy.  She tickles me.  (Both literally and figuratively)
  • a good hike last weekend .
  •  the teachers of my children.
  • even the principals of my children.  One of them has sent me texts just to tell me good things about my kiddo.  Warms a momma's heart.
  • showers (especially after the workouts I mentioned again)
  • my mama who does the kids' laundry. I am pretty sure they would be wearing pj's every day otherwise.
  • blue jeans.  Just because I like wearing them.
  • sushi dates with my husband.
  • fall.  I love the colorful leaves, the beautiful background.  
  • watching my kids do the activities they love.
  • my co-workers.  
  • my students.  They truly make my heart happy.
  • baked potato soup (which I am anticipating eating THIS weekend).
  • the "Halloween" pictures my youngest has created and placed all over the house (because apparently I didn't decorate early enough for him)
  • a promise for a getaway weekend
  • dark chocolate.  It makes me happy.
  • half a cow.  In my freezer.
  • good neighbors.  Even when they move away.
  • nature.  Our God made an amazing world.
  • solo week. It is always hard to give up a week teaching the kids.  BUT it is an opportunity to catch up on some paperwork, some planning, and some assessing of students.
  • time with a "long lost" friend.
  • my bed. Which is where I am headed. :)
What are you thankful for this week?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom