Friday, March 20, 2015

Counting the Blessings...

I am really not planning on turning the blog into a "gratitude only" blog.  Nor do I want it to be a "post once a month" blog. Life has just been extra busy, extra tough, extra challenging. When I finally get a minute to st down, I seem to fall asleep. :)  Maybe with spring break coming up next week, I can catch up on reading and writing blogs...

But since I have just a few extra moments of energy left, I thought I would catch up on some of gratitudes for the past few weeks.  Trust me, I will only share a small portion.

I am grateful for...
  • watching my former students (now first graders) perform in their Dr. Seuss program
  • a cold Coke after a long day
  • reading a Bible verse at just the right time
  • a husband who goes to the grocery store for me in the snow
  • the legacy of my grandparents
  • dancing freely around my bedroom to my favorite songs
  • afternoon naps
  • the friendship of co-workers
  • a peanut butter chocolate shake made by Child 2
  • seat warmers in my van
  • watching Child 4 crack open eggs for dinner
  • waking up with the dog stretched out next to me
  • a snow-covered lawn
  • late breakfasts
  • new recipes
  • the prayers of friends for my children (and me)
  • a snow day with my husband
  • yoga pants
  • Scripture cards
  • sunshine
  • the Psalms
  • a day in the woods
  • a butterfly
  • a partial rainbow in the sky
  • waterfalls
  • large icicles hanging next to a waterfall
  • large boulders
  • a new friend
  • an encouraging e-mail
  • reminders of God in the hard times
  • a surprise cupcake from my love
  • Chocolate peanut butter ice cream (Haagen Dazs)
  • late night shopping with my children
  • time to talk to my mom (rare)
  • snacks in the lounge
  • watching birds play in a puddle
  • the messages on our new message board (at home)
  • the gift of Google maps
  • friends who take pictures for me when I can't be there
  • a surprise McDonald's Coke from a co-worker/friend
  • three days of peace
  • mercy and grace
  • bunnies hopping across the lawn
  • the sound of tree frogs
  • the opportunity to serve others
  • a friend who truly understands
  • beauty from ashes
  • lobster tails dipped in butter
  • new devotion books
  • the sweet spirit of a child
  • renewed friendships
  • parents with generous hearts
  • cooking time with child 3
  • a work out in a light rain
  • the trees budding
  • a husband who gets up early to fill my car up when my gas light is on
So...what are you grateful for today?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom