Wednesday, September 30, 2009

2 Tired 4 Words

I am wiped out again. I am not quite done with conferences, but I am getting close. I see an end in sight. :) I did get done earlier tonight, so I got to eat dinner at home with everyone else. We ordered pizza for a "picnic" in the living room while we watched "Curious George". It was nice to be all together. I just have to remind myself, "It is only two times a year."

On top of being tired from conferences, my allergies have flared up (which is typical for this time of year). The youngest is right there with me. Sniffly and sneezy. My eyeballs itch. Yes, they really itch!

Just a few thoughts (nothing deep or major here) then I must go to bed.

As I have mentioned, we had Parent/Teacher conferences this week. I was a teacher for most of them...but for three, I got to be the parent. Mark came (he is always good to come) and we got to be parents for a while, sitting on the other side of the table. (That afternoon, I got to be the teacher with Child 3's teacher; her son is in my class, then later we got to "turn the table"...the teacher table that is and do it later with me as the mom and her as the teacher :)

I won't go into boring details, but I am so pleased with all of their progress. I am thankful for the teachers they have who love them and guide them every day in their learning. We are so blessed. We have obviously had conferences for the older two a few times, but this was Child 3's first conference. We were very pleased with her progress and relieved to find out that she is performing as is expected for this time of year. I am amazed at how much she has learned. She went from knowing some letters to reading several sight words. I look forward to watching her bloom this year!

A Child 4 funny (or two)...if you show him a robot picture, he will move his body in a jerky motion and say very robotically, "I am a robot" though his "robot" doesn't come out so clear). He also brought a "CD" (as in toy) up to me and told me it was an "A, B, C, D". Okay, the last funny (which I know are always much funnier to moms and dads than others) is that we were watching Curious George tonight for our movie. It was Child 2's idea. She thought Child 4 would like the monkey, since he just got a stuffed monkey. And he did. He called George "JoJo" (his monkey's name) all night long. And if something seemed to happen to George, Joshua would get very frantic looking and say, "Where's JoJo?" It was sweet but humorous at the same time. We joke alot about the "terrible twos" and there are some doozy days (mainly with tantrums/meltdowns) but much of the time he is very funny. I guess that is how we survive the days he isn't as funny. :)

A few prayer requests:

Please pray for Hannah Grace. She and her family have had a really rough time recently with some additional health news. Please pray for her healing and for the family's peace of mind right now.

Also, please continue to pray for Bonnie. She is such an incredible woman with so much faith and love. Yet she is still facing the draining process of grief. Each day she faces many "firsts" without her husband (and on little sleep I might add since baby Thomas is still learning his sleep or lack thereof habits). It is easy for our lives to continue in the same, normal fashion. But I want to remember her and the challenges she faces daily.

Also, please continue praying for Jeremy, the husband of my teacher friend. He has made it to the halfway point for his treatments. Next week there will be a test to check on his progress. Please pray for his healing and good test results!

And if you have time, I wouldn't mind a few little prayers for me. I just have some symptoms that I cannot decide if I should go to the doctor for or just wait them out. I was so stressed at the beginning of the year, and some of the symptoms started about that time. I have just assumed it was stress. But now that life has settled down (as much as it ever does), I am still dealing with some of those little issues. I am just not one to rush to the doctor which is kind of ironic since I self-diagnose myself all of the time. :)

Okay, I must get up and around. I started this last night and fell asleep partway through. So I must get moving for the day.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom