Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fabulous Friday

Okay, it wasn't necessarily really a fabulous Friday. I mean, it is the last day of my spring break. My kids argued and tattled all day long. We have had rain all week long. I keep waking up with a dull headache. And after doing really well with my calories, I find myself hungry again...all of the time. I am trying not to give in but even now, my stomach is growling.

So, we know that when the complaints start, it is time. Time for Thankful Thursday. Except I missed Thursday, so it will be Thankful Friday. Doesn't flow quite as well without the alliteration but I am pretty sure I can praise and give thanks on Friday anyway...

What am I thankful for this week?
  • My hubby and kids had a safe trip to (and back) visit his family.
  • NO homework this week (for the kids...I have a bag of school stuff I need to deal with)!
  • No setting alarm clocks this week.
  • I get to have a girls' night with my girls tomorrow night at a concert (for girls :).
  • Gift cards to one of my favorite stores meant new clothes for me.
  • Lots done around the house. Still so much I want to do but I am proud of what was done.
  • Even though it did rain ALL week, I am thankful the grass is greening up AND that we didn't have any flooding (that I can tell) in our house.
  • My sick kids are on the path to healing. (Two sick ones this week)
  • My elliptical. It is my exercise (in front of the tv) about half of the time.
  • Hot showers (needed after that exercise time)
  • My Ghirardelli dark chocolate with sea salt caramel squares...I eat one a day (chilled). They make me happy.
  • A son who cares about others
  • A husband who protects his kids
  • A beautiful sunset tonight
  • Friends who encourage me via FB, blog comments, e-mail, and occasionally in person :)
  • Movie night (unplanned) watching Lion King with the crew

I know there is more but I am ready to get a little sleep.

Oh, before I go, something that has been entertaining both me and my children (both at school and at home):


Live stream by Ustream

This is a webcam keeping watch over a mama eagle and her three eggs. The first baby is supposed to hatch this week. I am giddy with excitement over the arrival!

Have a great weekend!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom