Anyway, on to today's post.
Okay, Randy, this is for you.
I was already to write about New Year's, goals, finish my "Food for Thought" post, etc.
But then you had to bring up Thankful Thursday. On Facebook.
So here it is.
I think today is Thursday.
I have a hard time keeping up with days when I am not in school.
Anyway, here are a few things I am thankful for thus far in '13 (and maybe some of the end of '12):
- a clean bill of health after a scary test result
- naps almost every day of my "break". Even better, the pup is usually curled up next to me.
- the fun Tenzi game we got for Christmas. It actually just arrived today, and we have had so much fun with it. I love that it is fast paced and all of us can play. Well, four of us anyway. :)
- my new food processor. My little mini food processor died recently. I was already fretting about how to grate cheese. I haven't tried my new processor for cheese yet but I was thrilled with the way it chopped my crackers for tonight's dinner into very fine crumbs
- my new can opener. Last year at some point, our electric can opener died. So I bought a little handheld manual one. I hated it. Hated. It. I was so happy to open a can the other day with the push of a button.
- a warm house (because it has been not so warm outside)
- no more wrapping for a while :)
- Christmas cards from friends and family
- having hubby home a little more the past week (at least holidays)
- watching my kids play games. They have played board games almost all of the break!
- seasoned oyster crackers. Oh my, they are sinful. Thank goodness, they are almost gone!
- not setting my alarm clock for the last two weeks
- time with my sister, bro-in-law, and the cousins.
- time with my parents.
- an almost finished former toyroom that is now going to be the "sunroom" (still with toys but hopefully a bit more grown up)
- pomegranate juice (if you are avoiding tomatoes, pomegranate juice can be a wonderful tool in cooking!)
- leftovers. Especially when you are trying to limit your spending grocery spending for the month.
- a little fun reading time
- my husband. I am thankful he is a hard worker. I am thankful that he is an involved daddy. I am thankful that he is my best friend.
- Facebook. It can be a time waster. And I have to watch that. But it is also a huge encouragement to me. Well, the people on it are. :)
- projects done over this break. Never as many as I would like but still, some are better than none.
- a new year with new hopes, new adventures.
- The same God. The year changes, but He doesn't.