Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday...The First for '13

I really have been blogging on the family blog (which is where these posts come from) but they were mainly picture posts which stay on the family blog.  (If you ever want access to that, just e-mail me and I will send an invite)

Anyway, on to today's post.

Thankful Thursday.

Okay, Randy, this is for you.

I was already to write about New Year's, goals, finish my "Food for Thought" post, etc.

But then you had to bring up Thankful Thursday.  On Facebook. 

So here it is. 

Thankful Thursday.

I think today is Thursday.

Is it?

I have a hard time keeping up with days when I am not in school.

Anyway, here are a few things I am thankful for thus far in '13 (and maybe some of the end of '12):

  • a clean bill of health after a scary test result
  • naps almost every day of my "break".  Even better, the pup is usually curled up next to me.
  • the fun Tenzi game we got for Christmas. It actually just arrived today, and we have had so much fun with it. I love that it is fast paced and all of us can play. Well, four of us anyway. :)
  • my new food processor. My little mini food processor died recently.  I was already fretting about how to grate cheese.  I haven't tried my new processor for cheese yet but I was thrilled with the way it chopped my crackers for tonight's dinner into very fine crumbs
  • my new can opener.  Last year at some point, our electric can opener died. So I bought a little handheld manual one. I hated it.  Hated.  It.  I was so happy to open a can the other day with the push of a button.
  • a warm house (because it has been not so warm outside)
  •  no more wrapping for a while :)
  • Christmas cards from friends and family
  • having hubby home a little more the past week (at least holidays)
  • watching my kids play games. They have played board games almost all of the break!
  • seasoned oyster crackers. Oh my, they are sinful. Thank goodness, they are almost gone!
  • not setting my alarm clock for the last two weeks
  • time with my sister, bro-in-law, and the cousins.
  • time with my parents.
  • an almost finished former toyroom that is now going to be the "sunroom" (still with toys but hopefully a bit more grown up)
  • pomegranate juice (if you are avoiding tomatoes, pomegranate juice can be a wonderful tool in cooking!)
  • leftovers.  Especially when you are trying to limit your spending grocery spending for the month.
  • a little fun reading time
  • my husband.  I am thankful he is a hard worker. I am thankful that he is an involved daddy. I am thankful that he is my best friend.  
  • Facebook.  It can be a time waster. And I have to watch that.  But it is also a huge encouragement to me.  Well, the people on it are. :)
  • projects done over this break.  Never as many as I would like but still, some are better than none.
  • a new year with new hopes, new adventures.
  • The same God.  The year changes, but He doesn't.
So, what are you thankful for this Thankful Thursday?

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom