Friday, July 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday...

I am interrupting my vacation posts  (which I STILL haven't finished) on the family blog for a Thankful Thursday.  Even though I am not at the beach anymore, I can still be thankful for a few things...

  • Air conditioning.  Especially this week.
  • Speaking of air conditioning, I am thankful my school is getting new ones!  And I am thankful that we were told to not bother going to work in our rooms until early August due to the installation.  So NO guilt here that I am not in my classroom yet!
  • Lunch with friends today.
  • My firstborn.  He rolls with the punches and helps out a lot at home.  I am thankful for him!
  • The friends of Child 2 who take her to do fun things we can't always do with our crew (like a camping trip mid-week).
  • Watching Child 3 create houses with Lego's.  
  • Child 4...he makes me laugh. Most of the time.
  • Good days.  
  • Snowcones at night.
  • Watching my kids play in the dusk.
  • My parents' new pool...we are ALL enjoying it!
  • Marley, the bug killer.
  • Avocados.  Yum.
  • Not setting my alarm.
  • Getting Child 4 a spot in a free baseball clinic. Even if I have to set my alarm.
  • A safe trip home from the beach.
  • Hubby coming home from a business trip earlier than I expected.
  • Afternoon naps.
  •  Shaved ice dates with my main man
  • Watching Marley and my mom's pups play (when Marley isn't being grouchy)
  • Lightning bugs 
  • Bird watching (we had a cardinal in our backyard tonight...a rarity here)
  • Surprise checks (not big ones but I take them anyway :)
  • Catching up on my newspapers
  • Homemade donuts
  • Hubby's company turning 1!
  • A clean kitchen
  • True friends (another rarity)
  • Good night texts from my daughter (the one who is camping :)
  • Strawberry smoothies
  • A clean refrigerator
  • Vacation pics (to remind me I really had a vacation :)
I know there are others but I am starting to nod off to sleep.

Tell me...

What are you thankful for this week?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom