Now a few hours later, it is a little harder...got hit with some hard news on a friend of mine.
But I know that in spite of her difficulties, she is thankful for each day. So I am going to be also.
Today I am thankful for...
- the gift of prayer.
- God. I don't understand His ways, especially today, but I am thankful He is there.
- shaved ice with good friends.
- a "double date" with my parents...a rare treat.
- a beautiful lightning show earlier this week.
- late evening walks with my hubby.
- Stoby's cheese dip (brought home by my hubby after a trip)
- paid for vehicles (which we hope hold up a while longer)
- air conditioning
- sundresses (which make warm summers tolerable :)
- new air conditioners at school
- good friends
- good days which are that much nicer after a hard day
- a new door handle (the other one was stuck 80 percent of the time)
- new school supplies
- watching t.v. with my hubby
- blog comments
- an upcoming road trip with my husband
- beautiful sunsets
- a husband who listens to my honest heart, no matter what
- friends who let me be honest and lay it all out on the line with NO judgment
- opportunities to serve others
- sleep (which seems to evade me this summer)
- lazy mornings
- visiting with family
- comic strips...they make me smile!
- cardinals. They have a special meaning to me and lately, I am seeing them everywhere!
- Youtube videos that make me smile
- Child 1 who helps a LOT around the house without complaint
- Child 3's servant heart
- Child 2's enthusiasm for life
- Child 4's wit and humor
- beach pictures from friends
- my dishwasher...it works overtime all the time
- my parents' pool...it has been such a blessing to us! We can go swimming for just an hour without any hassle. We are treasuring it!
- honest "parent" talks with friends
- full moons (even if they make my kids a bit crazy)
- a little black dog that curls up with me when Mark is out of town
Hope you have something to be thankful for this week...feel free to share!