Friday, February 6, 2015

Gratituding...

It was another busy week. (And next week will be even busier with parent-teacher conferences)  There were a lot of sad things this week (friends facing loss) that I could easily allow to consume me.  But even in the hard times, I must remember He is faithful.  There is much to be grateful for.

Things like...
  • a husband who fills my car up with gas
  • a chilled Ghirardelli dark chocolate square with sea salt caramel filling
  • a friend who checks in on me
  • a glass full of cold water
  • laughter among friends
  • getting seated at a restaurant much earlier than expected
  • an evening out with my family
  • a salted caramel cupcake
  • a handwritten thank you for a dear friend
  • Souper Bowl lunch with my colleagues
  • lesson plans turned in early
  • a cross country/track coach who encourages yet challenges my child
  • a fluffy dachshund blanket on a cold night
  • the weekend
  • a car that lets me in on the busy interstate
  • dress shopping with my daughter (and agreeing on a dress!)
  • baked potato soup in a bread bowl on a cold night
  • coming home to find my husband and youngest child watching Star Wars together
  • dress shoes on sale
  • a day of rest
  • Razorback red
  • watching the snow fall from the sky
  • Super Bowl Sunday with my family
  • watching my youngest speak loud and clear during his school performance
  • a happy half-birthday wish from my sister
  • friends who open up their hearts and homes to foster
  • safe travels
  • hitting 10,000 steps for the day
  • an organized pantry
  • former students who remember me
  • sharing parenting struggles with my sister
  • the brightness of a full moon
  • reading a testimony that glorifies God, even in the sadness
  • a sweet e-mail from the mother of a student
  • thirty minute faculty meetings
  • a good medical report for a good friend
  • group text messages (with my "team")
  • listening to my youngest read to me
  • snow covered bushes
  • cooking with my daughter
  • a warm house on a cold day
  • the prayers of our children
So...

What are you grateful for this week?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom