Monday, April 12, 2010

Chipping Away

I must head to bed. I must. But I wanted to slip just a short little entry in.

This is such a busy time of year. We go constantly. And we don't even have any major sports going on right now (which is fine with me).

This week, the two big kids are taking the big state test...one for four days, the other for five. And I am needed to help administer that test (not to my own kids of course, but rather to a small group). So my evenings are filled with typing up lesson plans for whoever is in charge of my class and getting caught up from the day since my planning periods are a lot shorter (and used for eating). It is an adjustment, but we are flexible.

Throw in housework, a never ending laundry pile, kids, time outside, meals, our son's upcoming birthday, Swim Ranch forms, switching out clothes for the kids (to spring/summer), taxes (filed and accepted...woohoo!), etc...well, life is just busy. I am sure you have your own list.

All that to say, I am behind on commenting on blogs. I will get caught up. I will. I try to comment. I hope to encourage. I want you to know I read. But I am behind.

I am also behind on exercising. But that is a story for another day.

On a more positive note, I have been in a "nesting" stage which is funny considering I am not adding any children to our family. I think it is just that "spring cleaning fever". And despite all of the craziness going on, I am getting some things accomplished. I took down our trampoline (by myself) because it was never going to be the same again after flying over the fence during a storm. (Now I need to find a new on...cheap!) I sent Mark to a garage sale with several trash bags full of items we did not need anymore. It was a garage sale for a local high school and well worth it to me to "donate". I have been working up in the attic, organizing boxes and cleaning out what we do not need anymore. I have been working in the toyroom, slowly cleaning out trash and unneeded items. Every time I go through the garage, I try to clean out something, anything. I have been cleaning up the backyard. I have a trashbag going for broken toys that did not survive the winter. I am suddenly realizing why I am so very tired. That and the fact that it is 12:30 and I am still awake typing this.

Okay, I really am going. Sorry for a Seinfeld post...a lot about nothing. :)
Reba

3 comments:

  1. I might have used real crab meat.I don't buy it very often. And this was not cheap so I bet I had the real stuff. It was sure good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me Reba! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't keep up with all you do--that is exercising too, at least in my world. Oh, and I once sent a 3 y/o to daycare in p.j.'s b/c he wouldn't get going--it never happened again. My wonderful daycare lady smiled in that way they do.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom