When that happens, we all know what I need to do to get back on track.
I need to count my blessings.
Come on, join along...
- I am thankful for an orthodontist who has a plan for our kids and their teeth. He isn't rushing to put anything on them. My pocketbook appreciates that too.
- I am thankful for our pediatrician's office which can get us in pretty quick. I am thankful for pediatricians who listen to me and don't laugh at me for bringing my kids in. And while I never want a sick child, I am kind of thankful that for once I didn't hear, "It is just a virus." Not that I want my child sick with an ear infection (that is apparently not responding to medicine at this point) but I always feel like I was a bad judge of illness when I hear that. I am thankful for the new antibiotic which will hopefully knock the ear infection(s) out.
- I am thankful for our dentist office. Okay, okay, I grumbled a bit about going, just because it was during naptime and I was SOOO tired. That and it was the third day of appointments. But I am fortunate to have a hygienist who is fun to talk to and a dentist who doesn't fuss at me nor put pressure to have things done unless they are absolutely necessary.
- I am thankful Maria has all of her teeth even though they are in NO hurry to come in at this point (no loose teeth, no 6 year molars). Our older two children are missing some key teeth (as in there are no grown up teeth there). Jury is still out on the youngest.
- I am thankful for the ads on Facebook which seem to be somewhat personalized based on status updates and "likes" I have made. Because of one of those ads, I have a date with my husband to go see a concert of one of our favorite Christian groups later in the summer. I hadn't heard anything about it until then.
- I am thankful for comments. I have always said I don't do this for comments but I won't lie. It is always encouraging to read them. Especially when they don't say I am crazy for not wanting to play dress up with my kids every day (see last post).
- I am thankful for the June birthdays we have had and about as thankful they are over. :)
- I am thankful we had a good week at VBS in the park, including beautiful weather. But I am also thankful it is over. It wore me out.
- I am thankful for all I got done yesterday on our ONE day of not leaving the house.
- I am thankful for a weekend to visit with family (after I drive on my own with three of the kiddos), but I am also thankful I waited one more day to go. I needed an extra day plus we had a return trip to the doctor.
- I am thankful for air conditioning.
What are you thankful for?