Just as a casual observer of myself out in the world we live in, even among friends, I have come to the conclusion that I am just different. Maybe odd is the word? I don't know. I just realize more and more that I am not the norm.
How am I different you ask? (Just pretend you asked...)
- I don't carry a purse. Never really have. I don't even remember the last time I did. I do have a small wallet I will use to hold my phone and info, but that is it.
- I apply make up once a day. That is before I leave the house. I do make exceptions for "date nights". :)
- I have just a few basic shoes I wear.
- I have no clue how to put outfits together.
- I don't shop at the big "W", the one with the smiley face. Haven't for almost 14 years.
- I do not think in terms of accessories. I really am doing good to get earrings in my ears on Sunday mornings. My wedding band, my Mickey Mouse watch, and my second hole earring studs are my only "staples".
- Because of that whole accessories thing, I am the one whose daughter will show up for volleyball pictures in her t-shirt, a pair of shorts, and tennis shoes. For some reason, zebra print socks, matching ties for the shoulders, etc, does not occur to me. I wish they did for my daughters' sake. They just don't.
- I attend my kids' sporting events to support them (my kids). However, it is WAY out of my comfort zone.
- I try not to miss naps on the weekend.
- I worry if I don't blog in a day or two, I am letting someone down. Not sure who but I worry anyway.
- My feelings get hurt way too easy. When I went private on here, some of my closest friends did not ask to join. It hurt my heart. :(
- I never wear fingernail polish. Never. (And only toenail polish if I get a pedicure) I love it on other people. I am just too rough on my nails.
- I just cannot get "just water" at a restaurant for my drink. If I drink something, it is going to have caffeine in it. (Though I do often drink water at home for at least one meal)
- If I get chilled, it can take hours for me to warm up. So I avoid cold as much as possible.
- I truly wouldn't miss snow if it never happened again.
- I don't change my hairstyle. Part of that may be my "fine" hair ("fine" as in doesn't hold any curl or style :)...there aren't many ways I can change it.
- I love my kids but I do enjoy alone time too. I truly do.
- I actually like to organize. I just don't typically have the time to do it without interruptions.
- I haven't read any of the Twilight books and don't plan to. They just don't interest me. I know, I know, if I let myself read them, I would probably like them.
- I cannot bring myself to buy a Nook or a Kindle. I like reading books, holding books, etc...
- I like working out (well, as much as I can like any kind of exercise) to Sweating to the Oldies with Richard Simmons.
- I love our Razorbacks but won't watch their games. They stress me out.
- I won't let my kids play with my phone. Even when it is in its very protective case.
- I won't do those "Repost if you think" kind of posts on Facebook or do the breast cancer challenges on there (all secretive like). I guess I am a rebel in some ways...
Or maybe I am just different...Reba