Friday, January 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday (or Thankfully Thursday?)

I am taking a little break from The Spirited Child (one more part to go) because today is Thursday. And that is when I do Thankful Thursday. It just doesn't make sense (or sound right) to do a Thankful Friday, though I am sure I have before. So we will have a Thankful Thursday and a Spirited Child Friday...

And trust me, after this week, I need a Thankful Thursday.

  • a good week for the youngest. Well, I don't want to count my chickens. We still have a day to go. But it has been a good four days anyway (at school). This kind of goes with the Spirited Child post but you have to celebrate the good times and then remember it when the times are not as much fun...
  • I am going to a Chocolate Fest this weekend with Lauren. Obviously I won't be counting calories that day. :) And even better, it is for a good cause. I can't remember which one but it is a good one.
  • A couple of uncomfortable situations diffused...
  • my new elliptical (even though I now realize how out of shape I am)...it is SO much quieter than my old one. And it has a bike feature.
  • a "girls' night out" seeing "Joyful Noise"
  • the soundtrack to "Joyful Noise" now on my ipod...it is just fun to listen to
  • fairly warm weather (and finally sunshine) this afternoon which gave me a chance to walk the track at my school, listening to my ipod, while the kids played nearby
  • that Marley pup is better (she wasn't feeling well earlier this week and worried me a little)
  • my new Otterbox case for my phone (to replace the broken case) arrived this week, complimentary of Otterbox
  • dental insurance. I about had a heart attack when I saw how much a crown was going to cost that I must have. They are not cheap. But I am thankful I am going halfsy with the insurance company.
  • the gift of laughter. Today after lunch (I was at a workshop), one of my co-workers told us a story that had me rolling with laughter.
  • encouraging e-mails/Facebook messages/comments from friends...they were much needed this week
  • active kids. One daughter is currently playing basketball (and had her best game last weekend) while another is playing volleyball for the first time. I love that they are active and hope that continues. (The boys' sports are not in season right now :)
  • e-mails from teachers about my kids that tell me the positives
  • my students. They just make me smile. I really missed them today while I was at a workshop.
  • watching those students grow and learn. This is my favorite time of the year for learning!
  • child 4 is in a major "mommy" phase. He wants me to help him with his nighttime rituals, pick him up from school, etc. Sometimes I do, sometimes we insist Daddy can do it. And sometimes it is a bit suffocating to me. But it does make me feel good to be so "loved". :)

I am sure I could come up with some more, but I better head to bed. I need to rest up and get through tomorrow so I make it on time to the Chocolate Fest. :)

What are you thankful for this week?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom