Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Facts of Life

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have...

The facts of life.

The facts of life.

I realize that many of you are way too young to remember that song. But I do.  Or at least parts of it.

But I do.

And that is the song that comes to mind when I recall the events of the last two days.

(By the way, I started this post last night and fell asleep before I was done :)

Yesterday was the bad.  Almost all bad.

Two kids who were not making wise choices, either at home or at school (or both).  Another child licking wounds after a difficult time with a friend.  Mark was gone.  I was busy trying to straighten up the house.  And yet everywhere I turned, I tripped over kids' belongings.

I may or may not have snapped.

I may or may not have ALMOST said "Shut up."  (I DIDN'T say it, but I sure thought it...hard)

I may or may not have ranted and raved a bit.

I may or may not have threatened to run away.

And I may or may not have meant it.  Okay.  I may have.


It was not a fun evening.  It wasn't a stellar evening for my kids.  And it wasn't a stellar evening for this mom.


Fast forward about 24 hours.


Two kids had a good day, both at school or home (relatively speaking :).  Another child learned and demonstrated how to walk away when he/she wasn't being treated nicely.


We played.


We had pictures taken by a friend (well, mainly Marley did :).


We enjoyed some time outside.


We laughed.


We talked.


And Daddy came home (later).


I want more of those days, but I suppose I wouldn't appreciate having them as much if I did.


I guess I do have to take the good with the bad.


It's the facts of life.


Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom