Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Happy Place(s)

It has just been a rough month.

Kid wise. School wise. Life wise. (Not marriage wise...I always worry that it sounds like that:)

Just rough.

As in some days I want to hide.

I want to crawl into my bed, pull the covers up, and just sleep for a long time. Like a year or two. And wake up to happier times.

Not that every single day is bad.

But it seems like I will have a good day with relatively little stress, then the next day is overflowing with stress.

I find myself standing in my shower, just letting the hot water run over my head. I like that the water muffles any noise that might be happening in the house. There are honestly days I stay in the shower extra time just to escape. Does anyone else do that?

Anyway, it got me to thinking about my happy place(s)...

  • The beach. Are you surprised that is my first choice? I am most happy when I am walking along the warm sand barefoot as the waves splash on my feet while I watch the sun set over the water. Sigh. It is truly my happy place.
  • In the woods. A good hike makes my heart happy. Even when kids are arguing around me, there is just something peaceful about being surrounded by God's creations.
  • A hot bath with a new magazine in hand.
  • A really good pizza parlour. Have I mentioned how much I love pizza?
  • Storytime in front of my class. It is one of my favorite times of day.
  • Strolling around the neighborhood.
  • San Francisco. I really did love it that much. Chicago is not far behind. Not so much on Las Vegas...
  • A movie theater, seeing a "chick flick". A nice little place of escape for a couple of hours. And of course, there is popcorn too. :)
  • My Sunday School class (or Bible Fellowship as it is really known). We have all been together a long time through thick and thin. I wish we had more time together outside of Sunday mornings, but I just treasure what times we have together when we can.
  • Time with my co-workers. We are all different but all have the same goal...to teach our kids.
  • A night out with my man. Even better, a weekend away with him.
  • Lounging in my bed on a Saturday morning while the kids feed themselves breakfast.
  • Our dinner table.

I am sure there are more, but these are some of my happy places.

And writing about them really did make me feel happy. :)

I needed that.

Where are your happy places?

Hoping for a better week next week,

Reba

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. I wish we lived closer to each other- The shower has always been my safe haven. I cry, scream, talk, pray and just stand there while the hot water runs off my head. I shower once in the morning and once at night. If I do not shower twice a day I am completely off. OH I too have a love for good pizza. Let pray for each other this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom