I can't really say I am thankful for that...
I mean, I love my job.
But I have loved being home this week.
Yes, and the kids are even here. :)
But I can find some things I AM thankful for this week...
- a husband that takes care of me when I have a toothache
- a patient dog that tolerates a LOT in our house (from our kids...or one in particular)
- boiled chicken. I get two chicken meals and TONS of chicken broth from one boiled chicken
- Pinterest (most of my meal was a Pinterest meal tonight :)
- some maturing we see happening with child 3
- running into one of my former students at the park the other day. She is a junior in high school now. Where did the time go?
- clean closets and cabinets. I still have a lot to do but I have gotten a lot done (with the exception of today). If you had told me last year at this time that I would ever get to do any kind of household chore without constant interruption or chaos, I would have laughed. :)
- hot rolls from the oven
- the bonds between my children. I question them at times. And sometimes they seem non-existent. But many times this week I have found that they are there. They just get buried sometimes. :)
- warm weather. Not today but earlier this week.
- a dinner date with my hubby
- having my children take care of me this morning when I felt very ill
- not feeling ill any more. :)
- time with my sister and nephew/nieces
- watching my girls play with their cousin
- watching Child 1 play basketball with his cousin at the park
- Child 1's sense of humor...he is genuinely just a fun kid
- listening to Child 4 read me books
- my heating pad (for the toothache)
- medicine (called in by my dentist until I can get my tooth taken care of :)
- afternoon naps
- my ipod. I love listening to my music (a variety) during my nap
- the blooming trees
How about you?
What are you thankful for this week?