Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sunday is Coming

I feel like in a way I am cheating. Two links to videos in a row. Even with a few dozen posts swirling in my mind. But this is so appropriate for this weekend, I wanted to share. I stumbled upon it on Facebook when a friend posted a link to it. I was watching it on my phone when our youngest wandered over to see what I was watching. He was mesmerized. He asked for it again. Even in all his turkeyness, and he has plenty of that right now, this child gets it.

"Mommy, why did the soldiers nail Jesus on the cross?"

My answer every time, "I don't know."

I do know why but part of me still doesn't. How must it have felt to nail an innocent man to a cross? Someone who was hurting but not fighting?

I don't know.

His next question is always, "Why did Jesus die on the cross?"

He knows the answer. We have talked about it many times.

For us, sweet boy. He died for us.



Sunday is coming.

Don't know about you but I need that reminder sometimes. It is coming.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom