Friday, May 4, 2012

TGIF

I wanted to write a Thankful Thursday post last night.

I really did.

Except by the time I finished up some other things, I was pretty much asleep.

Happens this time of year.

As you could probably tell from my last post, it has been a difficult week again.  A difficult month.  Maybe a difficult couple of months.

And I feel really guilty saying that.

I had three friends lose family members yesterday.

Another received a cancer diagnosis recently while another recovers from major surgery.

A sweet baby whose blog I had just started following (Avery) passed away this week.  Suddenly her parents are living a life without their sweet baby in their arms, much sooner than they had anticipated.

So while I do feel like life has been not so fun recently, I also know it is all relative.  Compared to the above stories, my troubles and trials and tribulations are small.

But they still remind me that this world is not my home.

And they make me appreciate the things I am thankful for that much more...

So what am I thankful for this week?

I won't bullet the list like usual.

This week I was actually thankful for Thursday.

It was my favorite day of the week.

We (as in our kindergarten classes) were supposed to go to a local "zoo"/"safari" on Monday.

But it was rained out.

And I am kind of thankful for that since I had been sick to my stomach.  A bus ride on a bumpy road with kindergarten students is not soothing to the stomach.  Nor is the smell of wild animals.

Anyway, the trip was rescheduled for Thursday.

And Thursday was beautiful.

The weather was beautiful.

And the time was precious.

One of my favorite moments was when we were feeding some bread to the camels.  The camels were eating it up...literally.  My kids were standing there laughing and talking when the camels started making these low sounds, almost like burping noises.  We all laughed.  Nothing spectacular, but a moment I wanted to freeze in time.  The world seemed to stand still.  For just a bit, nothing seemed to matter.  No stress.  No trials.  No hurts.  Just pure joy on a sunny day with some of my favorite people.

And the fun didn't end there.

A few hours later, I picked up my own kids.

All had had a good day.

In fact, a good week.

That is rare for ALL four to have a good week.

Not that they are terrors, but little things come up typically with at least one, if not more...

We went home and just enjoyed the beautiful weather.

We jumped on the trampoline.  Yes, even me.

Played Frisbee.

Threw the ball around.

All six of us.

And a pup.

Pretty sure I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

And that is what I am thankful for this week...

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom