I am NOT complaining though.
But I do have to stop and really think about it.
So I am almost positive today is Thursday.
Which means I need to give some thanks. :)
I haven't done that in a couple weeks, not that I don't have anything to give thanks for. I am just enjoying the lazy days of summer. And probably losing track of what day it is...
So, what am I thankful for this week?
- Air conditioning. We have been SO fortunate to have had a mild summer so far (though it isn't technically summer) but I do know that this house could get very warm without AC.
- Child 2 getting her "fish" at swim lessons last week which means only TWO children in swim lessons next year!
- Complimentary tickets to a suite at the baseball game last weekend which made for a fun way to celebrate the girls' birthdays!
- Snow cone dates with my husband
- A sweet card of encouragement from a friend at church
- A new roof (which I am sure I will appreciate once it is all done...)
- A day at the lake yesterday visiting with friends (who had moved away)...also worked well since it was on hubby's birthday. A perfect way to celebrate with him.
- Getting to exercise mid-morning instead of late at night. I feel so free the rest of the day!
- Afternoon naps (quiet time for the kids, naptime for me!)
- A court date for readopting the kids. Only took us five years. Let me clarify, it took US five years. Not the courts. It only took them a week or so. :)
- An opportunity for my hubby to go watch our Hogs play at the College World Series
- A God who knows the plans He has for us even if I don't know what they are. :)
- The opportunity to watch the butterflies fly around the mimosa tree (picture above). It was just such a beautiful sight.
- COBRA (as in health insurance coverage for the hubby until we figure out where we are headed...)
- Comments. I have always said I don't write these posts to get comments, and I really don't. But I won't lie. I smile really big when I do get a comment.
- Fireflies at dusk
- The fuzzy pup curled up by my feet
- Dinner together each night
- My husband and oldest child working out together early morning
- Strawberry smoothies (homemade)...very filling and not many calories
- My new cup (given by a student)...perfect for keeping my lemonade cold on a hot day
- Seeing the deer along the road as we drove home from the lake last night; they are beautiful and graceful creatures (unless they run into your car, spoken from experience)
- Early bedtimes for grouchy kids
- my handsome 40 year old husband
So, what are you thankful for this week?