Saturday, August 18, 2012

Thankfully Thursday (A Couple Days Later)

I will just be honest.

The next few weeks will be hit and miss with blogging (across the board).  As school days come, my stay up power goes.  At least until I get readjusted to the new routine.

Anyway, even in the midst of extreme fatigue and at the risk of falling asleep in the middle of this post, I wanted to share a few things I am thankful for this week...

  • I am thankful it is Thursday which means tomorrow is Friday.  It has been a good week but I am worn out!
  • I am thankful for my alarm clock.  I didn't say I really liked it or anything since I prefer not to wake up early. But I am thankful it keeps me prompt.
  • I am thankful for a mom who is willing to keep my crazy crew this week while I am in in-service meetings...that is a challenge of its own!
  • I am also thankful for a hubby who is flexible in his schedule to help out with the kids when I am needed at school events.
  • I am thankful for my kids' teachers.
  • I am thankful for an intern...an extra pair of hands (and lots of new ideas) is a great way to start the year off!
  • I am thankful for friends who encourage me in parenting.
  • The dog. I know I am thankful for her a lot. But she is the best form of therapy I have.  I can have the worst day and at the end of the day, just feeling her warm little body curled up on my lap...it doesn't erase the badness of the day. But it lifts my heart.
  • Ms. Vickey. She is the wife of our Sunday School/Bible Fellowship teacher. She has taken two of our children school supply shopping (giving them much needed attention), encouraged me and prayed for me more than I will ever know, and gifted me with a sweet book about motherhood.  She is truly a servant, serving like Jesus would...
  • A successful shopping trip with my oldest daughter
  • Kohls cash
  • A new pair of shoes
  • Lunch with a co-worker/friend this week
  • Cooler temperatures
  • Watching the meteor shower last weekend
  • Movie night with the kids (and holding hands with my hubby during it)
 I know there are many more things to add (and that is after having a not so great day) but I better wrap it up...two days later. :)

What are you thankful for this week?

Reba

2 comments:

  1. hmm. I am thankful for you Reba. You are truly a blog commenter. Also pets do give wonderful therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thankful to be able to spend time with two of your sweet children. I had a lot of fun. Hopefully they enjoyed it too. We will do it again.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom