Thursday, July 23, 2009

Garage Saling

I only have a few minutes because I need to get to work...we are having a garage sale tomorrow and Saturday. (I decided to go ahead and have it for just a few hours tomorrow since we have swimming lessons...my sister is here to help and I need to get it done) We have a LOT of stuff to pass on to others who might appreciate it more than us. :) I have a feeling it is going to be a long night. (Not to mention, tonight is gymnastics and football...plus swimming lessons earlier today)

Last night Mark and I had the privilege of going out for a "date night". I really wish we did it a bit more often, though it can get expensive to do. One of our interns from my school last year came for a few hours...the kids LOVE her. I am sad that in just a few weeks, she will be leaving for a nanny position in New York. I already have asked her though to come sometime next week so I can go work at the school without any "helpers" with me like I usually have.

Anyway, it wasn't a majorly romantic evening (by the world's terms), but I always enjoy a night out with Mark. We stopped by to pick up some clothes racks for the garage sale. Then we stopped by my school and visited with some friends there who are getting ready for a garage sale there this weekend. We also measured for a loft for my classroom. We did enjoy a yummy (but too filling) Italian dinner at a local joint, then we did a little shopping. Nothing fancy, but it was a nice evening. It is always nice to have a little time to just talk (and eat) without interruptions.

Swimming lessons are going well. The youngest has learned a lot. Today I was so proud of Child 1; he got two more "flags" (accomplishments), one being his diving flag. I think he has five flags to go. He won't make it to his "fish" this year (like "graduation") but I think next year we will get there. He has worked so hard. Child 3 is loving the jumps off the diving board, and Child 2 is starting to dive off the board. I will have some pics tomorrow from the week.

Quick prayer update on the two young men I have mentioned. One Jeremy was finally released from the hospital. He is still dealing with some lingering issues from his cancer, but I know it must be good to be home! The other Jeremy started chemo today. He just had a PET scan and the results were positive. Please continue to lift them both up. They have both been on my mind recently.

Okay, I must get to work. Sorry for such a blase post (I know that isn't spelled quite right but I am too tired to check the right way). It has been a hectic week, and honestly today has been a bit of a challenge...some challenging kids here today. :)

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom