Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Loft"y Goals

Well, first day back. It was as hard (to get up) as I thought it would be. :) I know, I know, I have always heard to "wean" yourself into it, but I would rather go cold turkey. I don't want to give up any more sleep than I have to. :)

Let me back up a bit...
Last night I REALLY needed to get to bed early. I thought I would. Then my son sweetly reminded me that it was Meteor Shower night and that I said I would take him out to watch them. So I checked on optimum times to look for meteors...midnight to dawn. That is a lot like when the repairman calls and gives several hour range. I decided to go for the midnight. So around 11:45, I woke our son up from a sound sleep and we slipped out into the back yard. At first he was dazed and confused, but as he woke up in the chilly night, he became talkative. After a few minutes, I was beginning to think we wouldn't be able to see any even though we could see several stars. We stretched out on my lawnchair, then zoom. I saw the first one. It was faint but definitely there. He kept looking around, so I finally had him lay all the way down and just look up at the sky. A few minutes later the second one shot across the sky. This time he spotted it. His first meteor. He was SO excited. In about thirty minutes, I saw around 7, him a few less. That isn't as many as some people can see (especially in the country) but I was pretty excited since we are in "town" and have trees blocking our view. :) It was just precious time with my boy.

So, fast forward to this morning. That alarm went off and I felt like a zombie for the first hour. Thankfully I am easing into our routine since the kids stay with my mom; I deliver them in their pajamas. Even then, I didn't get to the school as early as I had hoped (though I wasn't late either). Oh well, we will get there.

It was a good day overall! I need some time to really work in my room, but we did have some good meeting time to work out some details for the first weeks of school. I love being home, but if I am not home, it is a joy to be in my classroom...my home away from home. Oh, and the kids? They had a fabulous time...they get to do more at Grams' house then with me, so nobody is ever in a hurry to get home. :)

Though I didn't have kiddos today (in my classroom), I am quite tired, so I better keep this short. I have learned...this is what it is like this time of year. It will not be like this forever, though I am always a little behind on sleep. Soon, we will find our bearings and be on our way into a great school year.

Oh, as for my "resolutions", I did have a quiet time though I was a bit groggy. I had some good one on one time, mostly with Child 4 because the other kids were in, out, all over the place. I finally tried out my Wii Active...that is a workout! My eating was so so. Not sure I really organized anything, but my classroom is my main project right now...

Oh, and back to the title. I mentioned this on Facebook but don't think I have here. My husband is building a loft for my classroom. Many of the teachers in our building have one. It adds some "space" to the room and of course is just fun for the kids. He has been working diligently to construct it. (He is using cedar wood; our garage smells so good) He hopes to have it done in a couple of days...I am SO excited! I will post pictures once it is finished.

Oh, if you e-mail me and I don't e-mail you back right away, don't take it personally. I forget how limited my computer time is during the school year. I will get to it, I promise (well, God willing).

A few prayer requests to leave you with...
  • Bonnie's "delivery" date is set for Monday. Baby Thomas is supposedly (we hope) coming on Thomas (her husband's) birthday...I think he would have been 30. Please pray for her during this time...it must be bittersweet...she gets to finally meet her son but will be doing it without her husband by her side (at least physically...I have no doubt he is with her spiritually).
  • Jeremy has been battling cancer for several years. He and his wife have had to make some very hard decisions regarding his care. I am just praying for his peace about decisions and of course God's healing hand.
  • The other Jeremy (hubby to my friend Jill) is in the midst of chemo treatments. So far he has done pretty well, though there are some miserable side effects. However, they are both back at work. Please pray for his strength during the treatment and of course his healing.

Oh, while I was typing this, I got the itch to watch for a few more meteors, so Mark and I headed to the backyard to watch for them. I think I saw 7 again. Very cool! I enjoyed the time.

Really, heading to bed now. :0

Reba

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, sweet friend as you start this new year and for the requests you mentioned!

    Loved the story about the meteor shower.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom