Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Unveiling...

The front view, before "loading" Corner view

Another corner view :)
After the "loading" of furniture
A side view, with furniture. My housekeeping is on top, reading and storytelling on the bottom...

Well, it isn't quite finished. I think a ladder is one of the last steps. But for the most part, the loft is UP.

Isn't it beautiful?

Okay, eventually I would like to stain it, and it probably needs a little sanding (any volunteers? :), but for the most part, it is ready for use. (Kids won't use it for a week, but I wanted it up and ready for our Back to School social tomorrow.)

I had no idea my husband could build things like this. I am already trying to figure out what he can build next. :) He has worked very hard on it all week. I am so blessed that he is willing and ready to help. I truly am. It is such a gift to me and for the classroom.

As for me, I am exhausted. For the second day in a row, no nap. You know my Sunday afternoon nap is sacred. Well, somehow my older kids missed that memo. Grrrrrr....

Quick prayer request...
I have mentioned a few hundred times, Bonnie is going to be induced tomorrow, baby Thomas will HOPEfully be born tomorrow...his daddy's birthday. What a special gift for Bonnie. Please pray for her delivery, for the many emotions she will face, and for Thomas to be a healthy baby boy! I will let you know once I find out something and can get to the computer...unfortunately tomorrow is the longest day of the week for me. I am REALLY hoping by this time tomorrow night, he is here!
Nighty night!

5 comments:

  1. I love it! I have always wanted one of those. Good job Mark!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the loft!!! Way to go Mark!!!!! I am impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! How did Joshua do today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the loft!! so will your kiddos!! I thought about Joshua (and the sitter) throughout the day.. hope all went well... my heart breaks for your friend's circumstances, but I KNOW God has his hand on her and this baby and has big plans for them both!! Will continue to pray for all!! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom