Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Confession is Good for the Soul

Sometimes you just have to confess things to feel a little bit better. Okay, obviously if I am posting this on a public blog, it isn't anything earth shattering. Sorry to disappoint. :) But I am just in a mood (playful), so indulge me...

Confessions of a tired, working mom...

1. I have never read any of the Twilight Series. It doesn't interest me AT all. I am not in anyway criticizing anyone who has. (I have found that some Twilight fans can get a little defensive via conversations on Facebook :) In fact, most of my friends have read it and have seen the newest movie by now. I know several people have said, "If you read one, you will be hooked, even if you don't think you will be." And that could be true. I LOVE to read. But my reading time is SO very limited, and I already have several books/authors I do know that I love to read (Nicholas Sparks, Francine Rivers). So I am passing as of now.
2. I think I have mentioned this before, but as the weather cools off, I am reminded even more...I do not like warm/hot drinks AT all. The smell of coffee is very unappealing to me. Don't like tea in the slightest. And as much as I like chocolate...NO hot chocolate for me. :)
3. I haven't been to a certain store that starts with a W in over 11 years. People around here (which is WM territory) always drop their mouths open if I mention that and ask me incredulously, "How do you survive?" Yet, somehow I do. :)
4. We have not decorated a bit for Christmas. Again, not criticizing anyone who has. I just like to wait until after Thanksgiving. When I think of Thanksgiving, I think "harvest", not "Christmas Tree". So, we have harvest stuff all over the house. Every time we travel at night (or these days, late afternoon), Lauren asks why "everyone else" has their lights up and we don't. I keep remind her...it is only November. We do have time. She (my planner) is a bit panicky I think. ;)
5. I like vacuuming. I am first of all thankful for the vacuum cleaner. We use it a lot, especially under the breakfast table which is where we eat almost all of our meals. For some reason, I don't like the thought of vacuuming or getting it out (like it is that hard...pull it out of the closet, ready to go). But I love the power of the vacuum, being able to aim it at the wayward Cheerio or the cobweb that appeared overnight and suck them right up. And I also love the fact that I cannot hear much of anything when I do vacuum. Arguing? Cries for "Mom?" Can't hear a thing...
6. I am hooked on cooking shows. You would think I would cook a lot more as much as I watch them. :) Mark actually is the one who started me on them and now I am hooked. Top Chef, Iron Chef, Chopped...love them.
7. One of my greatest joys (well, one of many) is NOT setting my alarm clock. I don't get to sleep in much with the kiddos, but I still would rather wake up to them than to that buzzer!
8. As I have mentioned a few thousand times, I LOVE my Mtn. Dew each day. But I don't remember if I have mentioned that I also LOVE Coke...from McDonald's. I typically just get a small and only for certain meals (typically NOT McDonald's). But just thinking about it now makes my mouth water.
9. I LOVE sugary cereals. Right now we are eating Cocoa Pebbles. I also love Apple Jacks, Lucky Charms, and Frosted Flakes. Oh, and Captain Crunch with Crunchberries. :) I know that other cereals are much more healthy but they aren't nearly as tasty to me...
10. When I cleaned out under the kitchen sink yesterday (a project I have wanted to do for months but just haven't found time to do), there were probably 70+ grocery store bags under there! Actually that may be a low estimate. We do have a bag saver, and we do save bags for the trash, transporting items, etc. But that (the "saver" can only handle so much. So the others have just been stuffed over months. Needless to say, just taking out the extra bags cleaned out most of the cabinet area. Oh, I will be taking them to the school;we have someone who recycles the bags. By the way, I am still trying to figure out how to reduce that number. We obviously buy a lot of groceries. And I am interested in finding reusable bags to bring the groceries home in...but they would have to be just right size wise and material wise. That is on my "to do" list for the next year.

Okay, enough confession for now. I was just in a mood for "light weight" conversation. I better head to bed...tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I have a lot of blessings to count before bed tonight!
Reba

1 comment:

  1. I HATE vacuuming! Thank goodness Paul enjoys it.
    Check out www.reusablebags.com they have great selection of grocery bags. We've had the ones that look like brown bags and they are so strong and sturdy we can load them up. We've had them about 2 years and may have to replace them soon but it's well worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom