Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Remembering to Give Thanks

Okay, today was a day. (Technically, yesterday, but since I am not in bed, it is today for me :)

I could write a long diatribe of what the day was like. Some of it might make you cry, some of it was actually humorous. Or might be for me one day.

Instead of complaining (which I will warn may still emerge on occasion), I thought I would throw in a few more little things I am thankful for.

  • I am thankful for the sweet students in my class, eager to learn. They are a loving group, with complete devotion and adoration even on my grumpy days (which doesn't happen too often...I don't think)
  • I am thankful it didn't snow no matter how disappointed my son was (to the point he went on a short-lived hunger strike to protest :); I am just not ready for snow right now.
  • I am thankful my car started this morning so that we could be to school on time (instead of the dead battery I dealt with in the parking lot of Child 4's school.
  • I am thankful that I am at the same school as my kiddos (well, three out of four, the one and only time :(). Today, a group from the oldest's class came to share a reader's theater with my crew. It was a true joy to get to watch my son "in action".
  • I am thankful for some time to come home and eat lunch by myself, enjoying the peace and quiet.
  • I am thankful for the man I don't know who just happened to be at Child 4's school when my van battery was dead and "jumped" it for me so we could get on our way. Thank you!
  • I am thankful for a husband who went to the grocery story for me after we both had had long days.
  • I am grateful for the smell of pork tenderloin cooked in the slow cooker that is still drifting through the house.
  • I am still thankful for Child 1's orthodontist appointment yesterday which went much better than I expected.
  • I am grateful I can call my mom any time I am having a rough time as a Mommy. Or even a joyful time as a mommy.
  • I am thankful for early bedtimes (for little children).
  • I am grateful for a monitor so I can do just that...monitor, especially that ugly cough I hear coming from across the house. :(
  • I am thankful for my shoes even though tonight my feet are aching from wearing them all day.
  • I am thankful for my warm cozy bed which is where I am headed right now...I am wiped out.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow...

Reba

1 comment:

  1. Do you think your mom would mind if I called her too?! She's just got that soothing personality and always has a smile that makes me feel good whenever I've been at her house!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom