Okay, I know I said I was going to post about "Gender Matters", and I will...this week. But I have to post on wishes because that is what is on my mind right now. And if I don't sit down and type it, then I will keep "writing" it in my head which will drive me batty. And we can't have that, can we?
I will admit, I had to look up the rest of this song. I know there is another one about wishes and horses, but this is the one that always comes to mind. Well, partially. I just couldn't remember the rest of it.
Our girls are "wishers". For child 2, the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. ALWAYS. She is always wishing for something more, something better, something different. When we go to the store, she is the one pointing to everything saying, "I need that, I need that..." (Not "want" but "need") Of course, when I tell her she can have all of those needs when she buys them with her own money, she isn't in as much of a hurry to get them. :) Then there is Child 3. I probably hear the words "I wish..." about a thousand times a day from her lips. Sometimes it is her way to ask for things she knows I will probably say no to...I think she is trying to "read my reaction". "I wish I could have some candy when I am done eating." "I wish we could watch a movie right now." Sometimes she is just talking out loud. "I wish I was the mom and you were the kid..." "I wish our house was down the street." And sometimes is just living in the land of wants. "I wish we could go to Disney World every school vacation." "I wish we had five cars..." I will admit there are days that I think I will scream if I hear "I wish..." one more time. Especially when I have worked hard to make a nice dinner and I hear, "I wish we could have whatever we want tonight..." Kind of feels like a slap in the face.
Of course, God has used my sweet little children to constantly teach me lessons about Him. And I am sure there have been MANY times He is sitting on His throne, looking down at me and the life I have, shaking his head when I utter the words, "I wish we had more money..." " I wish we could go on more trips..." and on and on. Might feel like a slap in the face to Him too!
That being said, I am going to have some fun with the "I wishes". If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? Then I will have them out of my system and again go back to being content with the life I do have and thankful to the One who has given it to me... Feel free to comment and throw in your own "I wishes..." just for fun of course!
- I wish spring would come. Now. I don't really care what a furry little groundhog sees or says tomorrow. I am DONE with winter and snow and ice. Done. I want above freezing temperatures and NO more school days!
- I wish my children could all just get along. All of the time. Some of them do some of the time. But I want ALL of them to get along ALL of the time. Is that asking too much?
- I wish my computer screen would come back in stock so it could be sent to me. I miss my computer.
- I wish we could have another hour or two a day to accomplish all I need to accomplish.
- I wish I could find a heavenly copy of the Manual for Raising Children that would detail everything I need to know about motherhood, down to the smallest detail.
- I wish Mtn. Dew (the real stuff, not that "diet" stuff that is so lacking) had NO calories.
- I wish that I could lose weight just based on my exercise routine.
- I wish I could stay in a hot shower or bathtub for hours on end. I told Mark that the other day. I think there is nothing better than being immersed in warm water. Plus I cannot hear what is going on elsewhere in the house when the water is on.
- I wish I had a Roomba. I have a feeling we will splurge on one before the end of the year. I cannot tell you what our kitchen/breakfast area looks like on a daily basis. It is a constant battle!
- I wish there was no cancer.
- I wish I had met Mark's dad.
- I wish my grandfathers had met our youngest two.
- I wish I could fix all of the hurts in the lives of friends and families.
- I wish I could sing. Really sing. On key. I wish I had a voice that was music to the ears of others.
- I wish I liked veggies more. I just don't. I will eat a lot of raw veggies now. But the smell of cooked green beans STILL turns my stomach!
- I wish I could shield my kids from all of the hurts in the world.
- I wish our house was just a tiny bit bigger.
- I wish someone would come in and landscape our yard, making it pretty, functional, and an oasis...
- I wish I could look tan. Even just a light brown would be nice!
- I wish I were a few inches taller.
- I wish Catfish Hole were open on Mondays. I always crave it on Mondays. Now my stomach is growling.
- I wish we (my extended family) could spend some time together at the beach. That may be my dying wish one day. Though I hope not too soon.
- I wish Mark and I could have a weekend away in New York City. I just don't want it to cost anything.
- I wish we knew a little more about our daughter's birthmother.
- I wish we would go ahead and re-adopt both kids so we could officially change the youngest's name. Instead, we took the kids to Disney World. (It isn't cheap to do either!)
- I wish I would wake up tomorrow and all of the snow would be gone!
- I wish I could have the room of my mini-van but look like I am driving my beloved Honda Accord.
- I wish my sister (and her family) didn't live so far away.
- I wish sugar/corn syrup were GOOD for you!
- I wish I didn't have to go work out again. And again. And again.
- I wish I never had to shave my legs. Not that I want to lose my legs. I just want to lose the hair on them.
- I wish I had about three days of no interruptions to organize this house.
- I wish I felt "caught up". I never feel caught up.
- I wish my kids obeyed immediately, completely, and from the heart, the FIRST time I told them something.
- I wish we had a kids' museum in our area. I wish someone would give me a really large grant to START a kids' museum in our area.