Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Keep Your Head in the Game

I have some songs running through my head. One is from High School Musical. I cannot remember which one...I, II, or III. But it is called "Keep Your Head in the Game". In the movie, it is referring to basketball. For me, it is a reference to parenthood.

The other song running rampant in my mind is an oldie but goodie that I can only remember key words from. "Oh, what a night..."

It actually started this morning. I won't name names but someone woke up REALLY grouchy this morning. So the morning started a bit rough. (By the way, I woke up tired but it was NOT me :)

Thankfully by the time we were out of the house, moods were improving. Nerves were settling. And all was well with the world.

Fast forward about 12 hours. Now it is bedtime. And guess what, we dealt with the same thing. Lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth. (This time, at least two kids were involved)

And I just shook my head and wondered "Why me?"

Let's face it. Parenting is hard work. And some days, it is almost a bigger job than I can do. Or think I do. But I have to keep my head in the game. (And hope for a time out really soon!)

More later,
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom