Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Lamp and A Light

I mentioned yesterday that I started another blog about my attempt to read the Bible through in a year.

When I began creating the blog, one of the first things I had to do was come up with a name. Well, that part was easy. A Radical Experiment. But then I had to come up with the name that will be in the web address. That part was tougher. I tried a few related to "radical experiment" and "reading through" only to find they were taken.

Hmmm.

What to do, what to do.

Then it came to me.

A Lamp and a Light.

Why, you ask? (Okay, just pretend that you ask...)

Our youngest.

Right now his favorite song is "Thy Word is a Lamp Unto My Feet."

Not long ago at church, he pointed to his feet and told me there was a light on it. It took me a minute to make the connection.

When he is in his room playing, he finds his Veggietale CD and pushes the buttons on the CD player until he finds this song.

Then he sings it as loud as he can.

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

I hope those words stay with him. Always.

More later,
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom