Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

So many thoughts running around in my mind. So many unwritten posts. (I know, disappointing as it is...) Yet so little energy. This is the first week I have worked a full week in a while. :) (And then, it was full time plus overtime with conferences :)

So what better thing to do? Remember what I am thankful for...

  • Like a daughter who sent us (her dad and I) on a scavenger hunt on Valentine's Day (not sure where she learned that one :)
  • Having all my parent/teacher conferences done and accounted for. I really enjoy meeting with parents and sharing successes with them. But I will admit, it feels good to sign off on the last conference. They make me tired! That and it is less time at home...
  • Cooking Valentine's dinner with my sweetie. Pan seared steak, fingerling potatoes (some of them were purple...that was wild!), some cheesy garlic bread from the bakery. I am pretty sure I could have eaten the whole loaf for dinner happily. Caesar salad. And chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Yummy. And fun. And with my man. (Just him...the kids had Chick Fil A earlier that evening) The best combination.
  • Getting at least 15 texts on my phone from my main man telling me what he loved about me...
  • Getting these from my main man too...wasn't expecting them at all.

  • The beautiful weather we have had recently (it is amazing to me that one week ago, we had two feet of snow. Today, we have sunny skies and warm temps.
  • The breathtaking sunsets we have been having.

  • My co-workers.
  • Celebrating a dear friend's good news with a "girl's night out". Yummy food, delightful company.

  • Having school this Friday. We were originally going to have an inservice day but due to all of the snow, we are having school instead to make up at least one of our "snow days". I am happy to have a full week with my kiddos.
  • Outdoor recess. So very thankful for outdoor recess.
  • That I get to see my sister this weekend. A rare treat, especially during the school year.
  • For my own children's conferences. It is a joy to find out that they are learning and making progress.
  • My oldest son's generous heart.
  • Our youngest's infectious smile and silly laugh.
  • My main man. I want to give him a post of his own, but I will say that at night, I just think about him and how very thankful I am that God brought him into my life.
I could add many more things to the list, but it is time for me to get going for the day (because this turned into a drawn out post...).

What are you thankful for today?

More later,
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom