Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hypothesizing...

I am in science mode. I just finished assembling not one but two science fair projects. My class did a project together (but I had to create the board). And child 1 completed his experiment over the weekend, so we had to get it together tonight. Unfortunately, he had a two hour baseball game, so it is a late night for both of us! (He is in bed by now...not that late :)

I have a whole list of things to share, but I may only get to the tip of the iceberg. I am wiped out tonight. Mark was with child 1 at that two hour game, and I was home with the other three kiddos. One kiddo in particular was just having a hard time dealing with life. He thought he needed a "nack" about thirty minutes before dinner was ready. He wanted to go "night night" but really only wanted a pacifier. He has also learned how to climb, as in pull things over to where he wants to get (especially the light switches). I am so not ready for that! Anyway, I think Mr. Difficult has a cold or allergies. He was coughing, a bit wheezy, and overly tired. He actually asked to go to bed...without a book. I happily obliged. :) Hopefully tomorrow he will be back to his goofy old self.

I just have to brag on child 1 (which always leads to bad things, like the next day totally negating any and all that I say). He gets up every day and immediately puts on his glasses. We never have to ask, bed, plead, threaten. He wears them unless he is going out to play. Tonight he did play baseball for the first time with them on his face. I know he was a bit nervous but we assured him that the likelihood of getting hit by a baseball in the eye was pretty slim. I don't know that it made a huge difference when he played, but I do think he is seeing the ball better!

Did I mention that I took the big kids to our local high school to watch their "musical" called "Back to the 80's" last Saturday? It was a fun play with a lot of 80's references and several 80's songs. Of course, that is my era, so it meant even more to me. But even the "big kids" just enjoyed the entertainment. That high school group is a talented one!

I should have some fun pictures later tonight. Child 3's class is putting on a performance about a circus. Guess who one of the clowns is?

Ugh. I wanted to share some more, but my energy has runneth out. I have nothing left. Better go!

Nighty night!
Reba

1 comment:

  1. I have to dress for the 80's this weekend - what kind of costumes did they wear? Do you have pics?

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom