Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Testing, Testing...

This week is testing week for K-2 in our schools. It is always a hectic week. We have to cover the walls (which is a chore in itself), rearrange schedules, etc. Really, the kids don't mind it much. We make it a positive experience. It all wears me out though! So all that to say, this may be short.

Okay, other than a little fit when it was time for child 4 to come home (he was playing outside when I picked him up...hmm...outside or stuck in a carseat...you make the choice. :), he had a much better afternoon. We had to stop by the eye clinic because Child 1's nosepad had fallen off. Yes, it has been less than a week. I will say he has been faithful to wear them and he really treats them well. Not sure what happened with the nosepad, but I think it just came off. Anyway, we had to do a little creative entertaining for Child 4. There is only so much to see in an eyeglass shop. :) Thankfully, there were a couple of Razorbacks ('Back! 'Back!), bunnies, eggs, and a tree. We went over and over those things several times. Our other entertainment was a ringing phone. He started searching the room for it when he heard it, calling out, "Telephone, telephone". (not quite that clear though) Lest it sound like an ideal outing, it wasn't. Another child who will remain anonymous was in a mood. That child tends to "wander" and was warned to stay near. That child did not and was required to sit in a chair next to me. Big crocodile tears and a couple of stern words (tears...child, words...me). Really, is it too much to ask for an uneventful outing?

We had a yummy dinner (actually cooked though everything inside of me screamed "pizza"), then Child 1 and Mark left for Child 1's first baseball game. We will all go to some of them, but tonight's was a late game. I had three children who really needed sleep (Child 2 is also testing this week). Apparently Child 1's team did win. He was walked twice and scored at least one run. Mark said he also threw the best throw he had ever seen. Way to go, #1! (not being vain really...that is his number)

Tonight we just had a nice family night. It was one of those times I wanted to freeze time. (Okay, it would have been better with the big boys being home, but it was still fun) Child 4 was extra cuddly and even just wanted to sit in my lap for a while, a very rare treat. And one of the sweetest moments was listening to our older daughter read a Bible story to her little sister (I had read her bedtime story but then had to give the youngest a bath since he indicated quite loudly HE was ready) as I bathed Child 4. It was just precious to hear.

Speaking of precious, my sleep is precious too. I better go. More bubbling tomorrow (standardized tests).
Reba
PS If you happened to watch 18 Kids and Counting on TLC tonight, that family (the Duggars) live in our area. And the ice storm you saw on the show was exactly everything we dealt with back in February. It was kind of strange seeing it on t.v.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you when I was watching it last night! That show intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom