There are some things I cannot help but wonder in life...
- Why does my son play in my bathtub (no water) in the morning instead of say, the toy room?
- Why do I have a basket overflowing with socks without partners?
- Why does nobody need to tell me something until I am in the bathroom then suddenly everyone has something important to share?
Why is is that the day after you brag about your children's improved behavior that the behavior takes a nose dive?
- Why do your children insist on singing at the top of their lungs when someone calls on the phone?
- Why does someone drop their juice or a big crumbly cookie on the floor the same afternoon after it was cleaned?
- Why is it only the nights you have gotten to bed really late that a child shows up in your room just a few hours later to tell you they are sick?
- Why do children suddenly act like they feel a LOT better after you make a doctor's appointment for them?
- Why do my children ask me every single morning what else they can have for breakfast when I give them the same answer every single morning? (almonds, yogurt, banana, fruit...)
- Why I am more tired on Friday nights than any other day of the week?
- Why my kids will call out for "Mama" over and over again when their daddy (who is an involved daddy) is sitting just a few feet away?
- Why my kids will say "Mama" over and over again without really pausing to let me respond?
- Why kids suddenly find their most favorite toys in the whole world in the consignment sale pile when those same toys haven't been touched for months?
- Why do my kids remember to ask us for our allowance every week but never seem to remember the times I bought a pack of gum for them with promises they would pay me back?
- At what point will I walk across the kitchen floor without hearing the crunch of Cheerios beneath my feet?
- How can the child who has you laughing one moment have you crying the next?
- At what point did my life not become mine?
- How come parenting is the hardest job but the most rewarding job in the world?
What is is that you wonder?